Can't see CIFS share in windows

• Hey guys, First time posting here, but ive started openmediavault on my old NAS and it worked perfectly, However, i put OMV on my new NAS and now after ive set it up, i cant see the CIFS share in windows, can you give me a suggestion for fixing this?

• Can't you see the share or can't you see the NAS?

Greetigns
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• We haven't figured out the problem why some people are unable to see it on the network. Open your explorer and type in \\hostname and you'll be able to access it.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Could it be you are running another linux host within the same workgroup?

I've had the strange problem my shares suddenly disappeared from the windows network view, but they were still accessible via \\servername

The reason was the linux Mint server in the same workgroup. It seems samba is installed by default (even if not used) and becomes sometimes the master browser. After shuting down (removing samba) my shares are back again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!