Big Data Loss with OMV and Snapraid

• Recovered almost all of the Pictures!

Also 90 % of the Movies.

With the TV Series i guess im going to drop it. I would have to watch every single file in order to find out wicht Series , Season, Episode :)

But the Pictures where really important ( wedding; etc)

Ty for your help!

PS: Any news for the new Aufs version ? Maybe i should wait with installing everything new till its here

Software:
    OMV 3.0 / Plex / Snapraid / Tvheadend / ecoDMS / sonar / sabnzbd
    Hardware:
    ASRock C2750D4I / 2x Kingston KVR16E11/8 / Dell PERC H200 Crossflashed / 8x WD Red 3 TB / 60GB TeamGroup Dark L3 SSD / Samsung 750 EVO 256 GB SSD / Sundtek Sky TV Ultimate 6 DVB-S2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Glad you got your stuff back. Also tells me photorec works a lot better than extundelete.

aufs/mhddfs plugin (new name unionfilesystems) will be here soon. Just working on some minor details now.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.6 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• the real advantage of extundelete was it recovered the names and directories aswell, but the result was maybe 10 % of the lost data.

With Photorec it's perfect. The only thing i do not understand, my *.mp3 files are still having their tags, so with mp3 tag i can recover the name.

My movie and also *.jpg files have also been "tagged" but lost their tags during recovery.

I gotta find out why, cause if i would be able to give them a tag that can be recovered Photorec would be my bread and butter in file recovery :)

Software:
    Hardware:
    ASRock C2750D4I / 2x Kingston KVR16E11/8 / Dell PERC H200 Crossflashed / 8x WD Red 3 TB / 60GB TeamGroup Dark L3 SSD / Samsung 750 EVO 256 GB SSD / Sundtek Sky TV Ultimate 6 DVB-S2

• Good to hear, most of your stuff is back!

I'll test photorec and extundelete in a VM also and report back. Additionally there is "ext4magic".
    Let's see, which is the best one

• the real advantage of extundelete was it recovered the names and directories aswell, but the result was maybe 10 % of the lost data.

Yep. Including names and directories! I think it´s just a matter of HOW you deleted something. A fried of mine deleted his whole raid via CLI and rm -R. I recovered -everything- with extundelete without any data loss.

Very excited about your feedback Solo!

• going to test ext4magic and will report back.

I guess with SnapraidFix it has overwritten a lot. Maybe with out this command it would have worked with extundelete aswell.

Software:
    Hardware:

• Good to hear, most of your stuff is back!

I'll test photorec and extundelete in a VM also and report back. Additionally there is "ext4magic".
    Let's see, which is the best one

I gave it a try today with:

ext4magic /dev/sde1 -M -d /mnt/backup/recover/disk1

The only thing happend was :

Code
    root@sysresccd / % ext4magic /dev/sde1 -M -d /mnt/backup/recover/disk1
    Warning: Activate magic-scan or disaster-recovery function, may be some command line options ignored

Since them nothing is happening...i took the paramters i found on: http://ext4magic.sourceforge.n…en.html#Recovery_examples

Forget about it.....it took about 90 minutes and now started...let's see what is happening

Software:
    Hardware:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!