MediaBrowser plugin Version 1.0.11 (openmediavault-mediabrowser)

• This is the problem im experiencing now with library scans it shows the shows but not the episodes

Code
    Scan media library failed.

a minute ago

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies.

Seems like some .net error

Edit : If somebody else gets this error it means that some mono packages isn't installed just run the following command and it will work

Code
    apt-get install mono-complete
  • Hi

I just updates to 1.0.8 that went well.

I the decivdes to set up the library and added a folder "movies". When it came to point to the directory containing my movies MB plugin only allowed me to enter a network share ? - isn't it supposed to take local diretories as well, ist all on the NAS?

• Skip that when you do first setup. Add local shares post setup.

So if you only use local do it after that first setup.
    Then it works fine.

BTW- the folders should not take much time to download. They were not downloading due to missing dependency. The longest part of installing is the mono-complete, that takes a bit.

• I'm unable to see the Mediabrowser plugin. I was able to see 1.6, but it didn't install correctly and I had to uninstall it. Now I am unable to see any plugin for mediabrowser. I have tried uninstalling the additional plugin repo, cleaning apt-get, and checking/unchecking the mono repo and enabling testing and it doesn't show up.I am on the latest OMV.

• Does neither the web client or the link that pulls up the tab work?

You must have the mono repo (not the mono testing) enabled..... You probably have problems from prior install.

Do this to clean things up and then install again with instructions on first post.

apt-get --purge remove openmediavault-mediabrowser
    apt-get --purge remove libmono*
    apt-get autoremove
    apt-get clean

Also, remember the web client will not work til you enable a media link with the openmediavault-links plugin.

• Thank you all for thies great plugin. Some questions...
    Do we need both mono and mono testing repos for this plugin?
    I cannot play any video... I allways get an error message saying "There was an error playing the video". Does anybody have any idea for this???

You must have the mono repo (not the mono testing) enabled.....

• Had the same problem yesterday, nearly went crazy :S . ssh into your client with putty or similar. Go to ~/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.xbmb3c

Edit settings.xml and change the value of "playFromStream" from false to true. That did it for me. I nearly went crazy. Saw it on the mediabrowser forums, can't find it right now to give credit to the right person.

Its a great addition to omv. I like it very much, more than plex i have to say.

• Which client are you using? Sorry, should have asked beforehand. With my latest beta installation of openelec and using the latest xbmb3c plugin, that was the solution. How are you connecting to your server?

• Which OS? Have you tried another browser (Chrome, IE)? Which version of your browser is installed. Do you have a smart phone or tablet? Does playing media from your server work at all, maybe from another client? This would be the first thing i would check.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!