Problems upgrading to 1.0 from 0.5.57

• I tried to do the update from 0.5.57 to 1.0, and I had some issues. My system is now broken. Luckily it's my DR box and my main OMV box is happily running along still.

My kernel still shows as 2.6. I tried to reboot, and my ethernet adapters would not come up. After a while I was able to get them to come up so I could work on it via SSH from upstairs.

If I try to do apt-get -f install, I get this:

• openmediavault-ldap? I see openmediavault-iscsitarget in the errors, but not ldap. But, I tried that anyways. If I run apt-get remove for anything, I get the same response:

• the code above said

Code
    dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/openmediavault_1.0.21_all.deb (--unpack):
    trying to overwrite '/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/pam', which is also in package openmediavault-ldap 0.5.4
    dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)

What command did you use to upgrade to 1.0?

• I ran into the same error while reproducing your error:

Code
    apt-get remove openmediavault-iscsitarget

and

Code
    apt-get remove openmediavault-ldap

fixed the problem. Then you can run "omv-release-upgrade" again.

Please reply, if this is working, thx

• What type of shares my smb shares that as set as browse able don't show any more I have to add manually. Experiance this on my raspberry pi last night none of the sharers appeared in smb shares in xbmc I had to type manually still haven't found a fix.

Ive ve tried turning off shares and back on and setting the shares to private and back to public

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• They are SMB shares. All set as browsable and show enabled. My user accounts seem to be fine (set on the OMV box). When I try to view, I cannot. Can still view shares fine on my 0.5.57 box.

I did just try to recreate a share with the same results.

My workstation is a Mac. When I try to browse to the 1.0 box, I get connection failed. I tried re-entering my credentials, but that didn't work either.

• i still cant see my server in on my windows 7 machine i have to type the path direct.

i will be performing a fresh install once the iso is out.

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• Try to add this setting in the extra-options field in OMV (SMB) and see, if it works then.

Code
    os level = 65

You can even try a higher number. This helped me with the same problem under win 7
    And: enable "local master browser"

• Try to add this setting in the extra-options field in OMV (SMB) and see, if it works then.

Code
    os level = 65

You can even try a higher number. This helped me with the same problem under win 7
    And: enable "local master browser"

Hmm local master browser was allready enabaled.

i added the line and saved and i could see it now in network and sharing on win7 i removed the line and saved and its still there so win win i suppose. still think ill do a fresh install once the iso is out.

OMV 5 - 64 bit

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!