HPE Proliant Servers

• You should be using the AHCI setting in bios for the SSD. I use Crucial and Intel SSDs. The Crucial in my home OMV is just over 4 years old. I used that SSD for maybe 8 months before the first version of OMV was even released.

• Zitat

You should be using the AHCI setting in bios for the SSD. I use Crucial and Intel SSDs. The Crucial in my home OMV is just over 4 years old. I used that SSD for maybe 8 months before the first version of OMV was even released.

Yes, but as far as I know Bios Mod allows only setting all to AHCI or None. Heard about an additional Mod, which will allow the settings for each single, but I don't have that (as far as I know)

• so i have been trying and failing to get this setup, it seems that the 5th odd port is only active in ahci mode, and not raid mode ?
    i cannot get the odd port connected disk to boot in raid mode, i can get it to boot in achi mode.

• so i have been trying and failing to get this setup, it seems that the 5th odd port is only active in ahci mode, and not raid mode ?
    i cannot get the odd port connected disk to boot in raid mode, i can get it to boot in achi mode.

Well, that seems unlikely, I meant the port ist meant to be used with an odd- to make installation etc easier, and that is independent on Raid or AHCI. Wish I could help more, but I use mine in AHCI with software raid and omv on a hdd in one of drive bays...

• Just out of curiosity, how long does it take your systems to boot? My OMV is running on an HDD in the ODD bay (Gen8) and it takes more than two minutes until it is fully running. Do you guys know of any way to improve this?

• Just out of curiosity, how long does it take your systems to boot? My OMV is running on an HDD in the ODD bay (Gen8) and it takes more than two minutes until it is fully running. Do you guys know of any way to improve this?

Same here.. It's normal

MSI B-250-DS3H-G4560 | some RAM | someTB WD red (snapraid) | OMV 5.x (latest) | DD Cine S2 V6.5

• I`m nearly become mad with a brandnew Microserver G8 with Celeron G1610T and 8 GB RAM: i set it up to SATA AHCI, build in a Crucial MX100 256 GB SSD in the first bay and installed newest 64bit OMV from USB-Pendrive (made with unetbootin). All went fine, but after reboot without Pendrive it didn`t boot from SSD, saying "Non system disk or disk error". When i switch to SATA legacy mode in the RBSU it boots like a charm. I "repaired" GRUB to boot from MBR on sda via PartedMagic live-system. GParted sees the ssd without problems, and its first partition has the boot flag, but on startup the RBSU doesn`t recognise the ssd if in AHCI-mode. What did i miss?

Spy Alelo? Is my box defective? It also didn`t update the newest NIC firmware via smart provisioning, even when it finds the update...

BR
    Jan

• Hi,

I bought a HP Proliant gen8 G1610T and i would like to install OMV.

I downloaded openmediavault_1.9_amd64.iso on this website and check its MD5. It's ok
    I installed the ISO on an USB key with unetbootin (and with Win32DiskImager). Everithing seems good.
    I followed the installation process with a new HDD (I also tryed with an other HDD) and i had no error.
    At the end of the installation, i take my usb key out and the server reboot (normal)
    But after the reboot ... Nothing !

I tryed hundred times ! I dowloaded the iso sevral time, i tryed with sevral HDD, i format them before retrying, ...NOTHING WORK !

I also tryed to install Debian Wheezy but it doesn't work too
    What can i do ? Where is my problem ? It seems that my server doesn't find the system disk

Thanks for your help (and sorry for my bad english - i'm french)!
    Here are some screenshots if it can help you :

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!