HPE Proliant Servers

• Offizieller Beitrag

No. Used is all you need to worry about.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hello there,
    Just a quick question: I have a N40L and I'm thinking of upgrading my ESXi v5.5 to ESXi v6.

Is this possible? Has anyone tried as yet?

Cheers,

HP Proliant Microserver N40L - 8Go RAM - ESXi 6 - 1*250Go + 2*3To + 1*650Go - OMV 2.x installed

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tugdualenligne ()

• I have a question.. I have a new gen8 Server here and I want omv on an 2,5" HDD drive on port5 as much of you guys here. I learned that it is good to use an USB stick with grub..
    How do I start? First i have to install omv to the 2,5"? By USB?

MSI B-250-DS3H-G4560 | some RAM | someTB WD red (snapraid) | OMV 5.x (latest) | DD Cine S2 V6.5

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello there,
    Just a quick question: I have a N40L and I'm thinking of upgrading my ESXi v5.5 to ESXi v6.

Is this possible? Has anyone tried as yet?

Cheers,

It should work, but always be mindful of the system requirements for it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

hi!
    can the hp microserver (gen8) boot from an external usb-disk attached on the onboard-usb port?
    idea is to install omv on an external usb-disk (and use the first 2 sata bays (6GB/s) for the data drives)
    cheers, rene

Again and again, this has been discusses MANY times. The server supports USB booting but OMV does not. Is not an issue with OMV itself but Debian.

• I have a question.. I have a new gen8 Server here and I want omv on an 2,5" HDD drive on port5 as much of you guys here. I learned that it is good to use an USB stick with grub..

Bootable Micro sd or usb stick with omv Image.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have a question.. I have a new gen8 Server here and I want omv on an 2,5" HDD drive on port5 as much of you guys here. I learned that it is good to use an USB stick with grub..

You can use a USB drive or a microSD card, the server has a slot for it on the motherboard. You can absolutely install OMV on the drive first by using the ODD SATA port, this is how you can do it:
    1. Install both the new drive on the ODD SATA port and a microSD or USB drive. Do not install the array drives yet.
    2. Boot the OMV ISO. You can do this by using another USB drive, but you have the advantage of iLO with this server. I recommend to mount the ISO with iLO and boot it that way.
    3. Install OMV on the SATA drive. At the end of the installation, it will ask you where it should install GRUB. Point it to the USB or microSD drive.
    4. Make sure that the boot order has the USB/microSD drive on top as the first option.

That's it!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I forgot that OMV is automatic and doesn't prompt as to where you want Grub unless you have multiple drives in the system. There are a lot of guides out there on how to do that, but I don't have one handy. Look into Super Grub2, I think you might be able to install that on the microSD or USB drive and go from there with some elbow grease.

• anyone got the sensors-plugin working with the MicroServer Gen8 and omv 1.12 ?

HP Z800 Workstation running OMV.

also running Nextcloud for home home use, Motioneye for CCTV, Ampache for listening my music around the world

Dual CPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5620 @ 2.40GHz

• I forgot that OMV is automatic and doesn't prompt as to where you want Grub unless you have multiple drives in the system. There are a lot of guides out there on how to do that, but I don't have one handy. Look into Super Grub2, I think you might be able to install that on the microSD or USB drive and go from there with some elbow grease.

Maybe this behaviour should be changed in OMV? Some people, including myself, seem to have had issues with GRUB, as it was trying to install to sda (flash drive I was booting from) instead of sdb (usb-hdd) and had to unplug the drive to install GRUB to the right drive.

I got it done with super grub disk.!!

Could you elaborate on that? I just ordered the slimline adapter cable and was wondering how to use an SD card to boot on port 5.

EDIT: Just found this guide (in German though) that explains how to do it: http://www.hardwareluxx.de/com…3207-81.html#post22905333

• Maybe this behaviour should be changed in OMV?

It's not like Volker didn't tried to, but its the problem of the Debian Installer. :(

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well don't put too much effort into changing anything yet. I discovered why the Microserver will not boot off the ODD port when an SSD is connected, and it was not an intentional limitation. I am in talks with the BIOS developers to see if that can be changed. Hopefully they'll budge, but this modification would be one that is beyond its intended purpose. We'll see soon enough.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!