Plugins that are wanted - Part 4

• "critical" services like transmission

Normally I would stop reading at that point... ^^

Also are there any plans for omv to include batch user creation (like from a csv o tsv file)?

Could you explain this a bit more?

Maybe with email dispatch so the users can't set up their custom passwords.

A little more explanation would be good... ^^

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you want to create 100 users, just sort of import them from a txt file (username,email).
    That line is a typo

Zitat

so the users can't set up their custom

:) it should be "can"
    Once the 100 users are created send them an email to each one, with a link to the nas webui to set up their passwords. Similar to websites or forums when you try to reset passwords.

• Even if make myself unpopular with what I say, It's simpyl out of the scope of OpenMediaVault. Something like that is nothing you need in Home or SOHO Environment, thus it won't get implemented by Volker. It could be implemented via a Plugin though.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is already a batch import of users. When you click Add in the Users tab, it dropsdown and shows you Add and Import. Import allows you to exactly what you want.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No there isn't.

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

The Service Discovery tab is the "plugin" for avahi that most of the core OMV plugins (and some third party) use.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4 | scripts 7.0.1

• Guys now you confuse me ;)

I did read some posts regarding avahi error msgs.David says no, aaron says service discovery. Gentlemen, can you enlighten me please! ;)

EDIT: well, avahi seems to run

root@x:~# ps ax | grep avah
    2084 pts/1 S+ 0:00 grep avah
    2598 ? S 0:11 avahi-daemon: running [x.local]
    2600 ? S 0:00 avahi-daemon: chroot helper

any problem to edit the config file or will it be overwritten by omv?

Tom

----

HP N54L, 6GB, 5disc Raid5, SSD Boot with OMV 5
    HP N54L, 16GB, 4disc ZFS pool, SSD Boot with other NAS system

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tom_tav ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

Service discovery definitely uses avahi.

If you create a new file in /etc/avahi/services/, it won't be overwritten. If you edit an existing file in that directory, it will be overwritten. What do you want to change?

• Ah, now i understand your comment regarding service discovery.

I need to play around with the main config file avahi-daemon.conf. Thats why i asked for the plugin, if there is a place to mod this file. Would be nice in general to have this advanced edit options for services (like netatalk, samba,...) but i also understand the confusion and problems this possibility adds.

Tom

----

• Question to Moderators and Developers...

We now have 77 votes in for our "plugins that are wanted". At this point, which plugings are most likely to be worked on?
    Is it worth highlighting the plugins that are being worked on (or that are planned)?

Thanks

FT

P.S. it looks like I just graduated to "student" Woohoo!! :) I never understood how this works!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am working (slowly) on the glusterfs plugin. I don't know of any other plugin on the list being worked on. A zfs plugin is also being worked on.

• Zitat

SMB services are included by default in the omv core. Netatalk is a plugin but as it gets installed it also gets into the avahi config.

Sure, i know, im using these services ;)

And true, they have the extra option fields which helps. On Avahi i miss it.

Tom

----

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!