[GUIDE] Sickbeard+SABnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+Others

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you update from 0.5, you will probably end up with python 2.6, 2.7, and 3.2 installed.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.2 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It wont matter if you upgrade or do a fresh install, the plugins will always use the system default version of python, with OMV 1.x it is python 2.7.3
    You can test this by just typing python into a shell.

Code
    # python
    Python 2.7.3 (default, Mar 13 2014, 11:03:55)
    [GCC 4.7.2] on linux2
    Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
    >>>

Ctrl +D to exit out of python

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Hi Miller

Just done a fresh install of omv and setting up the plugins as needed. am trying to point sab to the autoProcessTV folder in the sickbeard folder, i click save but if i move to another area in sabz and then back to were you set this the setting isnt there.

Have you experianced this before.

OMV 5 - 64 bit
    Dell T430, 16gb Ram, 5 x 3TB HDD Raid5, 1 x 120GB 2.5" SSD (OS)

• Yes but with Sick-Rage, started using that as it has better torrent support.

What you can do is to stop sickbeard and then edit the config file manually then restart SB.

• Hi,

I have sab 0.7.18 up and running, from this guide / script.
    I've just update omv to 1.0, and see there is also a omv plugin from sab version 1.xxx

I would like to update my sabnzbd, how should I do that, or is it better to leave as it is?

---------------------------------------------
    My HP T610 thin client NAS
    My Thin Client single drive NAS build
    -----------------------------------------------------
    I'm from the Netherlands, excuse me for bad english
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

• Hi,

I've just update omv to 1.0, and see there is also a omv plugin from sab version 1.xxx

I would like to update my sabnzbd, how should I do that, or is it better to leave as it is?

I'm not sure if I get the question 100% right but the openmediavault-sabnzbd version 1.0.2 installs sabnzbd version 0.7.18 so you have the latest version of sabnzbd.
    If there is a newer version available a button appears in the plugin settings page where you can upgrade sabnzbd.

OMV 2.x - Kralizec // Hardware: HP Microserver N54L, 4GB RAM, 2x3TB WD Red - RAID 1, Sandisk SSD 60GB for system

• OK that was my confusion, I see then another version, but ok i'm with stupid sometimes :)

• OK that was my confusion, I see then another version, but ok i'm with stupid sometimes :)

Never mind!
    German saying" "Manchmal sieht man den Wald vor lauter Baeumen gar nicht" ;)
    (Edit: for non-german speakers a rough translation: Sometimes one doesn't see the forrest due to all the trees")

OMV 2.x - Kralizec // Hardware: HP Microserver N54L, 4GB RAM, 2x3TB WD Red - RAID 1, Sandisk SSD 60GB for system

• and in dutch also well known, "ik zie door de bomen het bos niet meer"

• Hi,

If is working ok then you can leave it as is. The plugin version is more secure as it runs under a user unlike the script version that runs under the root user.
    You can use the script to uninstall and then install the plugin version, you get some extra options when using the plugin like being able to backup/restore your SaB settings.

jhmiller - Aren´t there already many of your via script installable apps available as plugins? Maybe it would be a good option to update the first post ´bout that?

Thanks for reminding me, done.

• Hi Miller

Just done a fresh install of omv and setting up the plugins as needed. am trying to point sab to the autoProcessTV folder in the sickbeard folder, i click save but if i move to another area in sabz and then back to were you set this the setting isnt there.

Have you experianced this before.

ive managed to get this working the /opt/sickbeard/autoProcessTV folder needed chmod 777 and that worked

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• I am planning to upgrade OMV to 1.0, but I installed the script versions of sickbeard, couchpotato & SABnzbd. Should I remove them before doing the upgrade?

Also, show info is messed up for a couple of my shows in sickbeard (Pawn Stars & Pokemon Chronicles) because tvdb.com doesn't follow the normal naming conventions. For example, Pawn Stars is labelled in thetvdb.com by year in instead of season, so all my episodes do not show up properly.

http://omv-extras.org/simple/index.php?id=plugins-stable
    States that sickbeard can "retrieves show information from theTVDB.com and TVRage.com" But I don't see any option to use TVRage.com. Anyone know how to fix this?

• One of the features of the plugin is to allow the user to use another fork of their choosing. A lot of users prefer to use the SickRage fork as it does what you require as well as some other features.

I personally would uninstall before upgrading, if these are the only extra apps you are using I would also consider doing a clean install from the ISO.

• i would agrre with what miller said i did the upgrade orginally leaving the script version on they were fine but i found other faults.

i did a fresh install as soon as the iso was avalible and its working fawlessly not one issue apart from the need to chmod a folder for sickbeard

OMV 5 - 64 bit

• Use the plugins. The script was made at a time when there were no plugins for the apps in the script, now plugins are available it is better to use them and not the script.

Also, the script has not been tested under OMV 1.0.

We now have a few developers creating plugins so if there is a plugin you would like, post it in the Plugins that are wanted - Part 4 thread.

• Use the plugins. The script was made at a time when there were no plugins for the apps in the script, now plugins are available it is better to use them and not the script.

Also, the script has not been tested under OMV 1.0.

We now have a few developers creating plugins so if there is a plugin you would like, post it in the Plugins that are wanted - Part 4 thread.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Do you know if there are any guide available that shows me how to install these plugins and set it up?

One plugin that I really need is one to show CPU temp in OMV 1.0. I will put my server in a closet, and I have no way of telling if it is going to be okey temperatures in the long run, can't access bios as I have no screen there either.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!