installing omv, having problem

• Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum. I have built myself a modest machine to load omv onto but I am having problems loading the operating system onto the machine. The specs are AMD 350 1,6Ghz dual core cpu, 4GB ram, 40GB ssd ( intel) 2x WD 3terabyte HDD,s.I have tried two seperate downloads but I get to the end of the installation without being given an ip address in which to use to enable me to log into. Do I need to set everything in the bios to legacy or is it ok to use uefi ?. I would appreciate some guidance from some kind sole. I look forward to a reply,

• Offizieller Beitrag

You can connect a screen to your server and login into the console with root password. Type ifconfig eth0 and you should see the ip address assigned if you selected dhcp during install. You can also check your router configuration to check the ip address.

• ...but I get to the end of the installation without being given an ip address in which to use to enable me to log into.

Follow the instructions from @subzero79. In my case I had to check from my dhcp server what address was assigned. I would like to add to the post above that it is not uncommon for the system _not_ displaying the IP address to connect to (it's just empty on the screen). Don't worry. Find out via suggested route. My suggestion would be to assign a static IP to the OMV box. Achieve this via your router and not via the OMV box/network/interfaces.

ASRock H97 Pro4 | 8Gb 1600 | i3 4130T | 3x WD Red 4TB with SnapRAID | Backup to Crashplan & External HDD

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!