Can not uninstall headphones plugin

• Hello all,

This is my first time posting here because usually OMV runs really solid, however I am having issues with trying to remove headphones. When I try to do it in the GUI it gives the following message:

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; apt-get --yes --auto-remove --purge remove openmediavault-headphones 2>&1': E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/pluginmgmt.inc:170
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServicePluginMgmt->remove(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('remove', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Plugin', 'remove', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

tried some troubleshooting about linux locking files with no luck, any idea what I can do to remove it?

Thanks in advance.

• Apt-get is running in background (cron-apt probably), you can wait, reboot or kill the process.

hey subzero79, thanks for your response. I tried to kill the process (rebootting didnt work) but it said the following:

root@raspberrypi:~# sudo killall -9 apt-get
    apt-get: no process found
    root@raspberrypi:~# dpkg --configure -a
    dpkg: error: dpkg status database is locked by another process
    root@raspberrypi:~# sudo apt-get remove openmediavault-headphones
    E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11: Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?
    root@raspberrypi:~#

• Offizieller Beitrag

The flashmemory plugin can extend life of sdcard but not forever. 5 years is a lot, i guess you used that sdcard in somewhere else before.

When the system becomes unresponsive to commands is common symptom of wasted flash. You can try and reboot, check if the command runs again (dpkg --reconfigure -a) but i would better suggest you to get another card, they are not expensive.

• Used it for a couple of years and after that it was in a drawer (it was in my old galaxy s2 until I bought a 32gb card for it).

After reboot:
    Options marked [*] produce a lot of output - pipe it through `less' or `more' !
    root@raspberrypi:~# dpkg --configure -a
    Setting up raspberrypi-bootloader (1.20150820-1) ...
    No diversion 'diversion of /boot/COPYING.linux by rpikernelhack', none removed.

And then nothing, atleast still waiting for CL prompt to return.

Is it possible to transfer OMV to a new sd card?

• i checked dmesg for any io errors, couldnt see anything so I am not sure if its corrupted. Ran grep dpkg to check something and found this:

root@raspberrypi:~# ps ax | grep dpkg
    454 ? Ss 0:00 /usr/bin/dpkg --status-fd 27 --force-depends --force-remove-essential --purge openmediavault-headphones:all
    479 ? S 0:00 /bin/sh /var/lib/dpkg/info/openmediavault-headphones.postrm purge
    25114 ? S 0:00 /bin/sh /var/lib/dpkg/info/raspberrypi-bootloader.postinst configure 1.20150421-1
    26585 pts/7 T 0:00 dpkg --configure -a
    26587 pts/7 T 0:00 /bin/sh /var/lib/dpkg/info/raspberrypi-bootloader.postinst configure 1.20150421-1
    26821 pts/7 S+ 0:00 grep dpkg
    root@raspberrypi:~#

will it help if I kill these and try to configure dpkg again?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!