openmediavault-docker-gui Testing

• Zitat

Might be browser cache.

Zitat

True. Try to temporarily disabling cache by setting the
    appropriate checkbox in the chrome debug console (can be a bit tricky to
    find, but there are settings for the debug console itself). Then reload
    the GUI with the console open to bypass cache.

True. No error in Chrome, only in FF. Issue solved. Thx.

• Here is some feedback. Once a container is created, there doesn't appear to be a way to change the settings. For example I want to change the host port to use a different port. The only way I could do that is by deleting the container and creating a new one, or by cli. I also think it would be nice if you could go back to the settings for a container. Maybe double click on the container name and the settings window appears or add a button to do that. Just my two cents. Other than that it's working well for me. :)

• Hello,

I don't had time for testing the last days.
    But today I updated to the new version, with some downloaded images and running containers in the original base path.
    Then I changed the base path, but the downloaded images didn't move/copy to the new path.
    After i copied everything from the old base path to the new subfolder everything was O.K..
    Maybe you can implement the moving of existing files to the new folder, like for example in the mysql Plugin.

With the new version I also don't have the problem with the grub parameter. I don't need to put them in /etc/default/grub.

NICE WORK :thumbup:

• Version 0.2.12 is now available with the following changes:

* Fix potential problem if base path is manually relocated
    * Simplify make process
    * Improved remove script
    * Make base path relocation survive reboots

The last bullet is quite important. The plugin now modifies /etc/rc.local to remount the bind mount on each restart. Otherwise the noexec flag would be present after reboot. Could you please test and see if the it operates properly? Thanks!

EDIT: I'm not aware of any more bugs in the current version. If you don't have any objections I plan to put the plugin into the stable repository within a week or so if no new issues are reported.

• Hello,

I tried to mount an volume into a container.

To do this I put during "run image" under "Volumes and Bind Mount"
    host path: /media/a61ffa91-fcac-4fb1-9ee2-c06f9083bde9/s_fhem
    container path: /opt/fhem

But the Folder doesn't appear
    The Details from this container are listet in the attached file "from_WebIF.txt"

When I run from the console
    docker run -d --name=server-fhem -p 8083-8085:8083-8085 -p 7072:7072 -v /media/a61ffa91-fcac-4fb1-9ee2-c06f9083bde9/s_fhem:/opt/fhem dockerbear/dfhem

the folder appears in the container
    Details from this Container are listet in the attached file "from_Console.txt"

Is the "Volumes and Bind Mount" function not the same like the "-v" option, or did I something else wrong?

• So it fits well into the project.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Is there a How-to to get started?

edit: I never used docker before so I'm sure I'm missing something obvious :) I installed the docker-gui 02.12 and pulled an image to test it out (hurricane/tinymediamanager), but not really sure what's the next step is to start it. I created the docker container with that image, but the start button is grayed out. in the MyIP:9200 it shows up in images but not in containers.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am writing a guide, but is not finished. Press the info button it will take you to the webpage to set up everything.

To run the image well press.......Run Image and
    Select ports in the container and in the host, press the ADD button otherwise it won't add the parameters. The port 3389 is for remote desktop in this case i guess, so you should be fine by adding the 8080 only, the webUI. If you don't want to add ports change network mode to host instead of bridge

Same you do for the path mappings. A quick look at the webpage indicates a path is for keeping the settings, the other is for the path or location to the media. Again don't forget to press add otherwise the parameters won't save.

The press save and the container will be running, go to the app webui in their respective port

This is how it should look, aprox

• Thank you very much for taking the time to help! Wow - Now I see how powerful Docker together with OMV is. Not sure if this is the behaviour with all docker images, but with tinymediamanager I can now run a session from my Samsung phone, walk over to my desktop and it automatically picks up where I left it.

(Now I just have to figure out why it doesn't allow to save files or rename folders)

• (Now I just have to figure out why it doesn't allow to save files or rename folders)

That is probably due to filesystem rights. You have to make sure that the user running the commands inside the Docker container is allowed to read/write files in the folders you have mounted into the container. If you create a folder on your host and give everyone read/write rights, mount it inside the container and then try to write a file from within the container. You should then be able to see which GID/UID (group/user) the container user is running a if you look at the created file. Please let me know if you need further explanation on how to perform these steps.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Usually this containers run the process inside as "un-rooted" user, in this case is usually user name nobody (99). In this particular image this user nobody inside the container belongs to group users (100), so the container should not have problems writing to a default share of omv

You can reset the permissions to default with the tab next to shared folders. If that doesn't work try opening the folder to 777 mode

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!