Backup to a hotplug sata disk

• Hi.

Hopefully somebody can help. I want to backup some shares from my data-disk to a backup-disk. The backup-disk is normaly stored in a safe place. So I want to connect this disk via a hotplug sata port.

When I plug in the disk I can see it within the real disks as "sdd". But how can I make a backup of several shares on it? Without creating each share on the backup-disk first?

I tried USB Backup but I can not see the disk within it. When I go to "add" the field with the external disks is empty.

So what I want is to backup share 1/2/3 to another disk that I can remove after the backup to store it back in safe place.

Thanks a lot. Regards lulu

• I can think of two ways of doing it…

1) Use a USB enclosure, permanently install the hard drive there and use the USB backup plugin (this is what I do with my backups)
    2) Rsync from the data drive to the backup drive running an rsync command every time you plug the drive.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!