Transfer files between drives

• I can't figure out how to transfer files between drives without using a PC as a middleman...

I've got SSH going and tried using WinSCP. Opened 2 session tabs to the server, 1 with the source and 1 with the destination. Then on the source I right click and select "duplicate files" choose my 2nd destination session as the destination, but when it's copying it says it's first going to a local temp area (I'm assuming on my PC). I want it to just go drive to drive; seems like it'd be quickest.

Any ideas?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can't figure out how to transfer files between drives without using a PC as a middleman...

I've got SSH going and tried using WinSCP. Opened 2 session tabs to the server, 1 with the source and 1 with the destination. Then on the source I right click and select "duplicate files" choose my 2nd destination session as the destination, but when it's copying it says it's first going to a local temp area (I'm assuming on my PC). I want it to just go drive to drive; seems like it'd be quickest.

Any ideas?

Uh.. rsync?

• Something I've come to learn:

The source folder name cannot have spaces in it. It'll allow me to select it and everything, but when I run it the task fails. I renamed the folder on the drive and removed the space, and bam it works.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!