Sickbeard config crashes webUI

• I'm a new user coming to OMV from FreeNAS. Plex/Sab/Sickbeard are my only required plugins. Unfortunately I cannot get Sickbeard configured without it breaking the webUI. Whenever I open the Sickbeard configuration page and try to select a repository, I do not get a dropdown, the text just moves down half a line. At this point, clicking on anything else within the webUI generates a blank frame and I have to reload the whole page to get it to work again. Ideas?

Running version 2.0.13.

• Try adding the download managers testing repo in omvextras, it looks like that plugin is an older version. Latest version is openmediavault-sickbeard 1.0.4
    I have not tested against OMV2 as it has not been released yet.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• I had the same issue and fixed it by using version 1.0.9 in the Download Managers Testing repo. Would be great if someone could fix the version for this issue on the main Download Managers repo.Thanks!

• The sickbeard plugin (1.0.10) has been added to the stable repo.

• The sickbeard plugin (1.0.10) has been added to the stable repo.

Thanks. But I made the mistake of updating from 1.0.3 to 1.0.10 from OMV update tab in the web gui and seem to have lost all my config and shows database. I tried restoring from sickrage web gui and it said it was successful but after restarting sickrage it seems to have made no difference. Anyway to get my database back? I have backups and copies of /opt/sickbeard/ and /home/sickbeard/

• I got it to work 100% by:
    1. extracting the backup to a temp dir, cd to the dir.
    2. did a "cp -r * /var/opt/sickbeard/"
    3. "cd /var/opt/sickbeard/ && chmod -R 777 * && chown sickbeard:users -R *"

System back as it should be (for now...)

• I got it to work 100% by:
    1. extracting the backup to a temp dir, cd to the dir.
    2. did a "cp -r * /var/opt/sickbeard/"
    3. "cd /var/opt/sickbeard/ && chmod -R 777 * && chown sickbeard:users -R *"

System back as it should be (for now...)

Brilliant! Got it to work this way, thanks! (In case anyone's wondering the files to be copied from OLD sickrage are in /home/sickbeard/.sickbeard/ to /var/opt/sickbeard/ )

• This is going to bite a couple of users in the arse! SickBeard and SickRage should come to the table and put out something official on this problem. The guys at SickRage just turned around in as many words saying it is a SickBeard problem...

cyber7-out

• This is nothing to do with the devs of either sickbeard or sickrage. The config files were stored in /home but that is not the debian way. The debian way is to use /var/opt and main app files in /opt.

I made this change some time ago, with a routine that copied the settings from the old location to the new location. No users (until now) reported any problems.
    As Doc has already shown, no data is lost/deleted, I made sure to copy the old settings and not move them so that if there was any issues users could do what Doc has done and move them manually.

I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you both.
    Miller

• I just checked and the settings folder was changed back in version 1.0.4 of the plugin. @sieb just updated and did not report any issues. It maybe that the plugin is ok but your issue is with apache2 starting (nothing to do with the plugin.) Did @Doc have any issues with apache2 starting?

• If I'm not mistaken OMV web GUI uses apache2 right? I was able to run both OMV web GUI and sickrage web interface (on 1.0.10, both on a fresh install and upgrading from 1.0.3 to 1.0.10). However, when I attempted to restore backup from one system to another by copying files but NOT setting chmod and chown as discussed above, sickrage would fail to start.

• From memory OMV 0.5 used apache but from OMV 1 it used nginx.
    You will need to at least set the chown level on the files as you probably copied them under the root user so they will be owned by root and not accessible by the couchpotato user.

• From memory OMV 0.5 used apache but from OMV 1 it used nginx.
    You will need to at least set the chown level on the files as you probably copied them under the root user so they will be owned by root and not accessible by the couchpotato user.

Think you meant sickbeard user? Anyway have that all working now.

On that note OMV+sickrage on a fresh install has no sickbeard user...should I add this manually? If so what should be the password I assign to it? Or should I not be adding it from the OMV web GUI ?

• Yep, had Cp on my mind but did mean sickbeard user. It is not shown in the users section as it is a system user account and as such will not show up.

• Hi,

I run into the same problem after upgrading OMV with the new plugin for sickbeard i lost all my config from sickrage and it didn't start anymore.

service sickbeard stop
    I unzipped and copied over the last backup i had from yesterday from /home/sickbeard to /var/opt/sickbeard changed user with
    chown -R sickbeard:users * in the /var/opt/sickbeard directory
    service sickbeard start

and i luckily had everything back, so question why did this break?
    I didn't come from 0.5, yes i used it back then but i did a refresh install with 1.0

If it is true what jmiller is saying about the debian structure why was sickbeard in my case and it seems others as well still using /home/sickbeard, do i need to be worried and check everything that is still used in /home ?
    Another question i have is do i need to set in the sickrage config another backup directory as well or will this be automatically now in /var/opt/sickbeard ?

Thanks,
    Armand

• The moving of sickbeard files from /home/sickbeard to /var/opt/sickbeard is not OMV specific (as far as I know) so the version of OMV should not matter (much). It was changed in the sickbeard plugin version. I was on sickbeard 1.0.3 when files were still in /home/sickbeard/ so I believe from 1.0.4 and onward it was moved to /var/opt/sickbeard/

• Just an update to this thread in case it helps someone, I had the exact same problem as the users above.

I updated the Sickbeard plugin and all my settings/shows/everything for sickbeard were gone. The older version of the plugin had a backup option on the GUI, which I hadn't used since June. My first though was to restore this, but the new version of the plugin wanted me to select one of my shared folders to do the restore from! The older version of the plugin simply created a zip called SBbackup in the root of the appropriate hard drive media id (if I remember correctly). The new plugin would not allow a restore from there, so I tried moving the SBbackup file to one of my shared folders. Unfortunately the new plugin still didn't like this, and told me no backup exists in that folder. I tried a test backup (not restore) on the new plugin, just to see where they look, and noticed they are taken from /var/opt/sickbeard, which is was prompted me to come to the forum to see if anyone else had experienced this (and was relieved to see they had).

I then followed the notes from ArmandH two posts above, and this worked a treat - I'm back to a working SB again. Needless to say I'll be using the plugin to take a backup now, just in case, and hope this works in future too!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!