Upgrade SabNzb to latest version

• Hello,
    I've noticed on the sabnzbd website that a new version has been released. I've instaled on my openmediavault an older version (installed manually, not via plugin)
    I was wondering what's the best way of totally removing the old one and reinstall the newer.

Does a plugin of 0.7.20 exist?

Thanks

• It depends on how you installed it in the first place.

The SABnzbd plugin will install the latest version, plus when there is an update a button will appear in the plugin page that will auto update to the new version.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• You need to enable the download repos (and the downloads testing repo) in the OMV Extras menu.

• when you manually installed Sab you created a init script (/etc/init.d/sabnzbd) this is seen by the plugin and causes the error. You need to remove it and the run apt-get install -f

• The SABnzbd plugin will install the latest version, plus when there is an update a button will appear in the plugin page that will auto update to the new version.

I have the OMV-Extras.ord Testing, Download Managers Testing and Mono Testing all enabled and I have installed the openmediavault-sabnzdb 1.0.6 plug loaded but there is no update button. In the SABnzdb General setting all I have is:

Enable - Show TabShow tab containing SABnzbd web interface frame.
    HTTPS - Auto enable HTTPS.
    Proxy Pass - Enable this to access via OMV_IP/sabnzbd

Second version
    Enable - Will create second configuration. Unticking will remove everything.

Any thoughts on how to make the upgrade button appear?

I'm running OMV 2.0.12 (Stone burner), openmediavault-omvextrasorg 1.28 and openmediavault-sabnzdb 1.0.6

• @blindguy
    The update button will only show if there is an update available.

• No, it will only allow you to install stable versions, no alpha or beta versions.

If you upgrade to one of those versions it may break your install

• It should be something like service sabnzbd upgrade

• Hi bumping this old thread

sabnzbd shows me an avaible update, i folleowde the link and it's a stable version but no update button on my omv sabnzbd plugin page.

is there any way to update manually without breaking everything or do I have to wait for the update button to appear ?

• The OMV2 version of the plugin needs to be updated but the OMV3 version should now update without issue.
    I hope to have the OMV2 version updated this weekend.

• Sorry about hijacking this thread, but I didn't get a response from my post and it looks like you are the SME on the sabnzbd package for OMV. I recently installed SABnzbd and it worked but when I was tinkering I deleted the sabnzbd user from the users GUI in OMV. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the sab plugin and can see from the logs that a sabnzbd user is created during the process. The problem is the user is not shown again in the GUI and I am unable to add it, resulting in an error message. Is there anything I can do to have that user added back into the GUI?

• The sabnzbd user is a system user so it will not show up under the users tab.
    You might have used a very old version of the plugin that used a normal user.

I have made the changes for the new version and just need to get it into a package

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!