• I hope I'm not stating the obvious here, but I found this, and used the --include-selection command to add files and folders to the sync list... Least I think I did. The code is below:

• Offizieller Beitrag

That is what I thought too. Your link is the same as the output of SpiderOak --help. The selection commands only apply to the files already in the queue.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• That is what I thought too. Your link is the same as the output of SpiderOak --help. The selection commands only apply to the files already in the queue.

Ah! Gotcha... If I'm getting this right do you mean where its talking about the "Queue" under removing data? So your after a way of individually removing files from the queue, as opposed to the commands:

Code
    SpiderOak --destroy-shelved-x

and

Code
    SpiderOak --repair
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I just want to know how to add files to the queue from the command line. I can do it easily with the desktop gui but no idea how to add using CLI. I was under the assumption that I could add files/dirs to the queue to backed up.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ah, didn't think about that. Does it only backup files in the hive? That would be a big problem.

• Ah, didn't think about that. Does it only backup files in the hive? That would be a big problem.

I know you can defiantly add backup folders as discussed previously; but it could be worth an email to the developers to see how you state a sync folder via the CLI... The Hive folder is by default synced; but the capability to specify additional Sync folders is present in the GUI, and so hopefully in the CLI.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I just did some more checking. When I add a folder with gui, it DOES show up in the selection output. So, I (we) were doing it right. I think he must have misunderstood my question. Will have to email him again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess their tech support only responds when you tweet about it...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yep. Haven't had a chance to check it out though. Doesn't seem like what I was looking for but maybe it is. If you want to try it, here is his response:

• had a look this week and couldn't figure out how to add additional 'Sync' folders... Gave in and tweeted SpiderOak support.. they confirmed that you cannot add additional sync folders via CLI :/.

This limits the plugin to only being able to backup to the SpiderOak server... not a bad thing, off site encrypted, zero knowledge etc. One option is possibly to create a symlink from the mandatory "Hive" folder to a user selected share? This would then give sync facility, albeit lacking in ability to add more shares...

• Offizieller Beitrag

It simplifies the plugin but it requires that user home directories are setup. Not very useful for existing data. Symlink might work but makes the plugin sloppy in my opinion. I assume they don't have adding addtional folders in future plans?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dealing with spideroak has not given me a warm, fuzzy feeling... Disappointing. Might need to look elsewhere. Kinda sucks since I purchased a year.

• Just to revive this a bit....

I think SpiderOak would still bo of value as a plugin for OMV... Although as above shows we ( Read Aaron! ) have had issues implementing it for Backup & Sync features, it still is useful for a zero knowledge, encrypted backup alternative to such as Dropbox.

Having spent the last few days trying to setup X11 port forwarding etc etc to use the Sync via GUI, Ive actually come up with a much more elegant work flow. I use Sync thing to sync across all my devices; and I use SpiderOak to maintain an encrypted backup as well as access via iOS app. And So far I've very happy with the way it works!!

IF you can be bothered Aaron; I truly believe if implemented with simple backup folder selection / de-selection this would be useful for a number of users... If not I'm happy to let this tread me closed and it continue as a custom package installation :)

Alex

• Offizieller Beitrag

I didn't give up on it completely. Just been really busy. You could always install the remotedesktop plugin and then use the spideroak gui client too.

• Well to post an update!!

I decided to have another go at X11 forwarding and realised it was actually the OS X client needing updating than any of the OMV config :/ . Boo. But what it did let me get my head around is a) SpiderOak support seem to be overly cryptic and b) There is actually no need to set Sync folders from the CLI as long as you have a GUI on another system ( i.e. the one you want to 'Sync' with).

In order to use any folder ( other than the Hive folder which I have disabled) to Sync it must first be selected as a 'Backup' folder... This we know can be set via CLI. Once this is done, you can use the GUI on your client ( in my case MBP) to select a current backup folder on your local computer, and a backup folder on a remote computer and voila!! This designates the two folders as a sync and can be started via cli or via scheduling.

So basically SpiderOak support should have explained though you cannot select a folder to sync via CLI, all you need to do is have it set as a backup folder and then select via another GUI...

I'm pro SpiderOak again... for the timing being!! haha

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!