RPi 2(RTC module): from unruly Stepchild to Wunderkind

• Hi Tekkb,
    a neophyte question: does rpi3+omv still need the RTC add on to work seriously?

! Started hacking with ZX81 and I am getting younger everyday like Master Yoda ! ! Raspi is to young generation what ZX81 was to mine ! ! I just love Raspi! Triple bang for the Raspi Foundation ! !And thank you guys for OMV !

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes. Until they add an RTC to the RPi, you will need it.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Hi:
    Sorry to raise this again - I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong - can you offer anything please? I believe that I've followed the guide to the letter:

root@pi-nas:~# ls /etc/rc*.d/*hwclock*
    /etc/rcS.d/K05hwclock.sh

After restart:
    root@pi-nas:~# hwclock -r
    hwclock: The Hardware Clock registers contain values that are either invalid (e.g. 50th day of month) or beyond the range we can handle (e.g. Year 2095).
    root@pi-nas:~# i2cdetect -y 1
    0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
    00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    40: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- UU -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    70: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    root@pi-nas:~#

I've copied hwclock.sh from the guide.
    The system date is correct.

Any ideas please?

Thanks,
    MIke.

• Just to confirm, I've run through the guide again, to the letter. My syslog shows wrong date at the beginning and so I don't believe my module is working. I'm going to buy some more modules. I'll let you know.....

Thanks,
    Mike.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You might be right about having a defective module, however:

Don't forget the little stuff like plugging in the RTC module, while the PI is unplugged from power.

Also, after configuring the PI, a real power off reboot should be done. SHUTDOWN, followed by unplugging the PI again, waiting for 10 seconds or so, and plugging it in again.

This might not fix it, but it won't cost you anything.

• @mike_sendrove - Are you using OMV3 or OMV2 on your Rpi? This is important as the process/method for installing a RTC on OMV3 is different and much easier on OMV3. I wrote a guide that works for OMV3 - see link below.

Guide for installing a real time clock RTC in a raspberry pi on OMV 3 (jessie)

I also contributed to another thread on RTC setup on RPi and this also might be helpful.

Raspberry Pi does not recognise DS3231 RTC chip module during OS startup

let me know if I can assist further.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!