RPI: how to expand the OS partition after writing image

• Here is a good video that shows you how to use gparted. In the video he moves the swap partition to the end of the space on the SD Card. With the flash plugin and the rpi image we are not using a swap partition. But we do have a rrdcached partition. If you mount another device (usb hard drive or whatever) you no longer need this rrdcached partition. The reason it is used is because when no device is mounted there are errors produced. This is why Aaron added the rrdcached partition and mounted it. If you do not plan on mounting other device you can move the rrdcache partition to the end instead of the swap like he did in this video. Then you can resize the OS partition and apply the changes.

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I also wrote a script that will auto-expand on first boot.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• add another device like a usb stick, created file system and mount
    unmount rrdcache
    delete filesystem
    delete the partition it was, partition name ended in blk03
    Reboot and then you can expand the root filesystem in command line using:
    raspi-config

option 1

PS- Some of this information are meant as notes. Here I am increasing the OS partition because that is where I want more room. Most of you will want more room on the data partition (rrdcache). That is what Aaron is working on with this script.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!