Instructions for RTorrent installation

• There is a thread here but the links in it are all broken.
    SO is there a instruction that can be pinned here, with autostart etc. or has someone included it into their extras repo but made it not public yet?

• I thought for sure there would be a plugin for rutorrent. I was looking at how to install it using the guide you posted but not really sure how to go about it.

Doesn't everything like sickbeard use nginx already?

thanks.

• Follow it through and if you need any more help I should be able to assist you.

I tried following these instructions, but I encounter problems when I get to Apache section. When I edit the apache2.conf and want to restart the service I get this error:

Restarting web server: apache2(98)Address already in use: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
    no listening sockets available, shutting down
    Unable to open logs
    Action 'start' failed.
    The Apache error log may have more information.
    failed!

Any ideas?

• A lot more options, plugins (some very useful, like autodl-irssi), and it seems that rtorrent always maxes out available bandwidth as opposed to transmission. Besides, rtorrent/rutorrent, when set up correctly is by far the best option for couchpotato/sickrage/headphones.

• Btw, I managed to install it in the end, I'm guessing the Apache step overwrote some defaults and now I can't get to OMV web interface on port 80 anymore, which has all kinds of unwanted sideffects... Can anyone more knowledgeable in Debian try to install using the above instructions and see what can be done to avoid this?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Forget about rtorrent install in that way, I spent once a whole day trying to install it once. Get the docker-gui plugin and get the diameter/rtorrent image ready to run.

remove Apache with apt-get and reboot your machine, hopefully you should get back the omv webui

• Hey guys. I finally set down today and figured out getting multi user rutorrent setup on an openmediavault installed machine. I don't have a guide or anything. I just fudged around until I got it. Anyways, if ANY of you guys need help with this, just let me know. We can get together on Telegram or something like that and get it worked out. It wasn't VERY hard. OMV pretty much has all the dependencies you need for rutorrent.

• Installation of rutorrent is not a big deal via docker hovewer installation and configuration of autodl-irss is a pain in the *ss. So how can you manage it easily?

can you give some info about it?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!