SSL for "downloadeSabnzbdrs"

• Hello guys :)

Here I'm back with another (maybe silly) questions.

I know that OMV WebUI relies on nginx, while other WebUIs doesn't (Sabnzbd, Transmission, etc).

I'm wondering, is there an easy way to publish these plugins over HTTPS?

Perhaps we know transmission is (usually) published on port 9091 and that is plain HTTP.
    If the website requires authentication, the credentials will be sent in clear text and can perhaps be sniffed via NetMon, WireShark, netsh, etc.

Is anybody publishing Transmission and the other downloaders (Sabnzbd, SickRage, CouchPotato and Headphones) over SSL?Perhaps I would like to have nginx listening on port 19091 (opened on the firewall) and have nginx to proxy the connection to localhost:9091 (while port 9091 is not opened on the firewall and in OMV firewall is only allowed to/from localhost).
    I'd like to use a similar approach with the other downloaders, 10000 + actual port or something down this line.

I would like to use the same certificate for all the above as the FQDN is going to be the same or, anyway, even in the case I were using other FQDNs instead of ports (i.e. transmission.omv.domain.com) I would solely use one SAN certificate so to have a single point where it needs to be updated upon renewal.

Thanks,
    Tommy

HP MicroServer Gen 8
    HP DL360e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2700

HP DL380e Gen 8 + HP StorageWorks D2600

• Is anybody publishing Transmission and the other downloaders (Sabnzbd, SickRage, CouchPotato and Headphones) over SSL?

Most of them have it right in the plugin. Just need to click it. If ProxyPass is used it utilizes the SSL cert that is uses for the OpenMediaVault WebGUI.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!