Zoneminder on 1.18

• This is my settings, give them a try and see if it make any difference

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• I believe I have found the problem, could you rebuild the package and install using dpkg -i ../zoneminder_1.28.1_amd64.deb;apt-get install -f
    Let me know how you get on.

• path to cgi-bin is incorrect, it should be vault/zm/cgi-bin

• awesome! :))

which streaming type should i prefer in your opinion?

I have multiple axis m5014 and my server is a Intel Xeon E3-1220L v2 2x 2.30GHz, 8GB

mjpeg / jpeg / rtsp-h264 ? (cam support them all)

till now i went with jpeg, but thinking about rstp-h264 ?

what do you think ?

Regards
    Tristan

• I am forced to use jpeg as its the only option my card supports.

I would try each for a few days and see which one uses less resources or gives the best output.

• There isn't a plugin. Just a package built to work on OMV. Here

I am using this 1.27 version, should I be upgrading it to the current 1.28 one?

As to the resources used by ZM, I found that it is very sensitive to General>Max FPS and Source>Capture Width & Height, and of course the number of cams you are using. Try to adjust these parameters to tune your system, my N40L could easily reach 100% with four cams attached if Max FPS aren't set to 5!!!

• Should you is up to you.
    Can you - yes.

This build is made the same way as the 1.27 version plus a few extra tweaks to get the new api working and to use IP/zm instead of a port number.
    I upgraded to this new build from 1.27 and only had 1 issue when it tried to update the database, this was fixed by running the command as the root MySQL user then running apt-get install -f

• Should you is up to you.
    Can you - yes.

This build is made the same way as the 1.27 version plus a few extra tweaks to get the new api working and to use IP/zm instead of a port number.
    I upgraded to this new build from 1.27 and only had 1 issue when it tried to update the database, this was fixed by running the command as the root MySQL user then running apt-get install -f

So what should be the correct upgrade procedure? Remove the old version and do a new install based on your procedures here, or is there a simple upgrade method? Thanks.

• You just install the new package over the top of the existing version
    dpkg -i ../zoneminder_1.28.1_amd64.deb;apt-get install -f

• hello everyone,
    i have managed to install the latest zoneminder but i am getting errors with nginx and the zm gui but also with the OMV gui
    i have tried rebooting etc.. restarting ZM..

in the logs i get the following over and over, the omv gui stops responding and will only load again if i close it and reopen.

Code
    2016/01/03 21:52:08 [error] 25729#0: *1020 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: ERR [socket_bind( /var/run/zm/zms-404108w.sock ) failed: Address already in use]" while reading response header from upstream, client: ::ffff:172.16.30.5, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "POST /zm/index.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "172.16.30.100", referrer: "https://172.16.30.100/zm/index.php?view=watch&mid=3"

2016/01/03 21:52:11 [error] 25729#0: *1020 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: ERR [socket_sendto( /var/run/zm/zms-404108s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory]" while reading response header from upstream, client: ::ffff:172.16.30.5, server: openmediavault-webgui, request: "POST /zm/index.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "172.16.30.100", referrer: "https://172.16.30.100/zm/index.php?view=watch&mid=3"
  • Try removing ZM and see if the OMV webui is better.

There might be changes to ZM that I have not made allowances for, I am running v1.28.109 of ZM, anything above that has not been checked.
    If you are building this version then I would suggest building it again and check for any problems while building.

• i am running the same version, looking further into it i am wondering if it is the camera as one camera seems to beok and it only seems to happen with the other one.
    i'll let you know if i figure it out

• You just install the new package over the top of the existing version
    dpkg -i ../zoneminder_1.28.1_amd64.deb;apt-get install -f

I encountered this when issuing the above commands, what should I do? How can I login as root MySQL user?

• You run the same command manually but use the root username and password for MySQL
    mysql -hlocalhost -uroot -pPASSWORD zm < /usr/share/zoneminder/db/zm_update-1.28.108.sql

You should see it complete, then either apt-get install -f or rerun dpkg -i ../zoneminder_1.28.1_amd64.deb;apt-get install -f

• Hello,
    I can't access the Webgui of Zoneminder. Neither IP/zm or IP:81/zm works
    I think I installed Zoneminder correctly like the steps above.
    I think there is any trouble with the plugin Nginx(Website).

Can anyone help me?

• Hi,
    I have install zoneminder on OMV last month without any problem.
    Today I
    managed to install zoneminder in a new hard disk and I have found a dependency libsys-meminfo-perl.
    Have you got any suggestions?
    Thanks

• Hi,

Sorry to bring this up again but i am trying to install zoneminder and i'm stuck at the last step.

this is the output

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!