Increase Virtual Disk size in VirtualBox

• Increase Virtual Disk size in Virtualbox

Description

This Guide is about how to increase the disk image size.

Pre-Configuratin-Steps

Configuration

• Switch to your OMV Command Line. The --resize option uses megabytes so you have to have your gigs converted (if you haven´t already) https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=50661
    • For example of command I used to increase my virtual disk to 12 gigs. The command is:
    • VBoxManage modifyhd /media/YOUR_UUID/virtualbox-machines/OMVKrazilec/OMVKrazilec.vdi --resize 12288
    • (Please make sure you choose the right directory. So you have to use your UUID of your RAID / your HDDs, of course!)
    • Then you need to boot the virtal machine using a gparted ISO. You need to look a the partition size the swap is in and write it down and other pertinent info on the partion for the swap and swap.
    • Delete the swap and the swap partition.
    • Extend the boot partition but leave enough space to recreate the swap partition and swap.
    • Recreate the swap partition and swap.
    • Done.

Note: There are videos on how to use gparted on YouTube. If you need further guidance on Gparted watch some of those.

Questions / Problems / Discussions
    If you encounter any problems, please create a post and referr to this guide.

5 Mal editiert, zuletzt von WastlJ () aus folgendem Grund: Changed the layout and colors ;-)

• Above I forgot to tell you to switch to the vbox user before you run any of the VBoxManage commands. See here I how I switch to the vbox user before I list the vms.

Code
    root@omv:~# su - vbox
    $ VBoxManage list vms
    "StoneBurner" {19c2565a-bed8-46ec-a7d8-a3c771407db0}
    "OMV_1_Kralizec_x32" {da2cced0-6043-4f49-9be6-f3f36b1670d4}
    "Amahi" {81180608-af17-4594-b964-5a954a7dea61}
    "LDAP" {c3c68ff6-9b4b-4118-b0f3-f9882989d4c1}
    $ exit
    root@omv:~#

When you are done using the vbox user just type "exit" and then hit ENTER to get back to the root user.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!