Multiple user interface?

• Just tried to create an user in OMV, after login, basically nothing useful showing up there.
    I can understand that most config are done and controlled by admin (just like my Synology NAS), but I missed something: Multi-user downloading.
    In my Synology NAS, bittorrent client will only present the torrent information to corresponding user + admin, and they can assign any download folder as long as that folder is located under their home, same thing for HTTP downloader. I'm planning to open a few more accounts for my friends so that everyone can control whatever they are downloading. (I don't see quota setting in OMV, did I overlook in the admin UI?)

And I also found that the extplorer only works for admin.....I would really want users to be able to use this as well....

• OMV is primarily designed to be controlled by the admin. It is possible to give further privileges to a non-admin user but it has to be done in the programming of the plugin. The only think you can do is make suggestions to the developer of the plugin in which you would like to see changes.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The transmissionbt plugin has a user interface for all users.

Extplorer will work for all users. The web interface under admin is just a link to http://server_name/extplorer/. You can go to that link without logging into OMV and with any users. Extplorer also has its own users that you administer in Admin window. You can even assign a starting directory (limits directories seen by user).

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• The transmissionbt plugin has a user interface for all users.

Extplorer will work for all users. The web interface under admin is just a link to http://server_name/extplorer/. You can go to that link without logging into OMV and with any users. Extplorer also has its own users that you administer in Admin window. You can even assign a starting directory (limits directories seen by user).

So extplorer won't be sharing same users as OMV? I was thinking if there is any single sign on (SSO)

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, extplorer does not share the same users. You have to sign in a second time to get into extplorer.

If your users are just using extplorer, they would be in the extplorer user list and wouldn't need to be in the omv user list. I have no idea if you could even integrate OMV and extplorer to use one list. I would much rather spend the time creating a native OMV file explorer than integrate OMV and extplorer.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• No, extplorer does not share the same users. You have to sign in a second time to get into extplorer.

If your users are just using extplorer, they would be in the extplorer user list and wouldn't need to be in the omv user list. I have no idea if you could even integrate OMV and extplorer to use one list. I would much rather spend the time creating a native OMV file explorer than integrate OMV and extplorer.

That would be nice if there is an integrated one.
    My idea is, once I created users, I can let them manage something through the web interface. Just like what Synology is doing, their download station has user separation, they will never know who else on the same NAS is downloading something, and then they can also login web to manage file + WebDAV downloading (I usually use FTP but you know how bad it could be if both ends are behind firewall, so I might still use that web interface to download/upload some stuff)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!