Some questions about git for omv

• Hi,

I found out that there is package on omv-extra.org for git. But is in testing status and it is mentioned only for sardaukar. I have some questions about this plugin:
    - Will this plugin work for kralizec also?
    - Which git implementation is underlying for this plugin?
    - It seems to still have some issues. What needs to be done to get it in the status of "stable"?

As far as i understand the omv gui is just a front end for the underlying linux tools. How is the gui in omv constructed - is there an introduction to create / maintain plugins?

I also read that someone in this forum suggested to just install gitlab without omv gui support. So if git does not interfere with the omv infrastructure why not taking the standard implementation from http://git-scm.com/download/linux and simply installing it with apt-get?

Ok i have to admit: these were a lot of questions :D

Regards,
    Bastian

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, the plugin does not work on Kralizec. This has a lot to do with OMV's change from apache to nginx.

It uses git and gitweb from the standard Debian repos.

It has a lot to be done. It has been so long since I have done anything to it, I don't have any idea what it needs.

Here is a simple tutorial for plugin development. If you are interested, I can also have you added to the Developer forum.

I probably suggested gitlab because it is easy to install and has its own web interface.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I can also have you added to the Developer forum.

Yes, that would be great!

I am thinking about a small plugin for the standard git (sudo apt-get install git). Just managing identifications,some basic settings and cloning an existing repository in the OMV GUI. I think this should be enough. Becaus git-users are normally that experienced, that can do the additional adjustments via SSH. If you take a look on the git package for Synology DSM it just makes an installation with package. There are no options in the GUI after installation.

What do you think?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I asked Volker to add you to the dev forum.

Sounds fine to me. The openmediavault-developer plugin has quite a few git features that you could use for your plugin. It is targeted only at the omv-extras plugin though.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!