Banana Pi Mount Errors on ARMv7 Fresh Install 3.19 Kernel

• I am using OMV on a Banana Pi with a port multiplier. When I try to mount a disk I get this error

I can mount the drive in SSH just fine and use it though

When I try to set permissions for different users I get this error using ACL

Code
    Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all --recursive -m 'default:user:user1:7,user:user1:7,default:user:user2:7,user:user2:7,default:user::7,user::7,default:group::7,group::7,default:other::5,other::5' -- '/media/ffd1ad88-3526-4815-ac2e-ff56b783e173/160Test//' 2>&1': setfacl: /media/ffd1ad88-3526-4815-ac2e-ff56b783e173/160Test//: Operation not supported
    Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all --recursive -m 'default:user:user1:7,user:user1:7,default:user:user2:7,user:user2:7,default:user::7,user::7,default:group::7,group::7,default:other::5,other::5' -- '/media/ffd1ad88-3526-4815-ac2e-ff56b783e173/160Test//' 2>&1': setfacl: /media/ffd1ad88-3526-4815-ac2e-ff56b783e173/160Test//: Operation not supported' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/sharemgmt.inc:1172
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceShareMgmt->setFileACL(Array, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('setFileACL', Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('ShareMgmt', 'setFileACL', Array, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

This happens with USB hard drives as well so I don't think it's the SATA multipliers fault

Output of dmesg | tail

Code
    [   27.715961] scsi 1:0:0:0: Direct-Access     FUJITSU  MHW2160BJ G1          PQ       : 0 ANSI: 2 CCS
    [   27.717649] sd 1:0:0:0: Attached scsi generic sg2 type 0
    [   27.720379] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] 312581808 512-byte logical blocks: (160 GB/149        GiB)
    [   27.721572] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] Write Protect is off
    [   27.721630] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] Mode Sense: 28 00 00 00
    [   27.722815] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] No Caching mode page found
    [   27.722869] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] Assuming drive cache: write through
    [   27.781155]  sdc: sdc1 sdc2 < sdc5 >
    [   27.788352] sd 1:0:0:0: [sdc] Attached SCSI disk
    [ 1724.555145] device-mapper: ioctl: 4.29.0-ioctl (2014-10-28) initialised: dm-d       evel@redhat.com

I am using a minimal debian install from Igor using his build scripts to have port multiplier in the 3.19.3 kernel. Like I said I can mount drives in terminal without an issue and write to the drives. I can also mount the drives via USB on a Raspberry Pi OMV installation so the drives are OK.
    I am also able to use OMV on the Bananian distro running kernel 3.4 and able to mount the same drives so I think I am missing something in Igor's distro.

Update: On 3.4 kernel it works fine, so my current conclusion is that OMV is not playing nice with the 3.19 kernel, what can be done?

I really want to release this prepared image so any help would be much appreciated.

• Which filesystem?

Also, why do you use such a new kernel on the banana pi?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• It was an ext4 file system so nothing foreign or fancy. I am using this kernel because it has the modular support for the sata port multiplier (3.19.3). The script creator seems to think it may have something to do with NFS but OMV supports NFS right?

Would love to fix this instead of building a new kernel and image.

• The kernel must do something fancy, like disabling ACL. Check that. ;)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Looking through the kernel config I only found 2 ACL lines that weren't enabled, will change CONFIG_TMPFS_POSIX_ACL=y
    HFSPLUS_FS_POSIX_ACL=y and see if anything changes. Once I get it working I will share the port multiplier image.

• That is an ACL Error. Are you 100% sure that both ACLs are enabled and this is NOT an AuFS Pool?

Greetings
    David

• This is a fresh install, no ACLs have been set at all so I'm not sure what you mean by both are enabled?

Oddly acl is not installed as dependencies during the OMV install. The same volumes mount in another distro and are regular ext4 partitions (not sure what AuFS Pool is).

I can run the setfacl command from the terminal, is it a lang=C thing that's the problem?

• That is an ACL Error. Are you 100% sure that both ACLs are enabled and this is NOT an AuFS Pool?

Greetings
    David

Getting this does it help diagnose

• This is a fresh install, no ACLs have been set at all so I'm not sure what you mean by both are enabled?

Well, the Gui wants to apply ACLs. So they must be set somewhere...

I can run the setfacl command from the terminal, is it a lang=C thing that's the problem?

Can you execute the command completely, including lang=C?

Code
    export LANG=C; setfacl --remove-all --recursive -m 'default:user:user1:7,user:user1:7,default:user:user2:7,user:user2:7,default:user::7,user::7,default:group::7,group::7,default:other::5,other::5' -- '/media/ffd1ad88-3526-4815-ac2e-ff56b783e173/160Test//' 2>&1

bad option

And again, this suggests to me, that your kernel has problems with ACLs. ;)

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!