Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

• @ryecoaaron
    following the script ryecoaaron provided I was able to install virtualbox 5.0.2 successfully. But phpvirtualbox 5.0.2 page came up with the generic "An unknown PHP error occurred." error message.
    I checked by loading the ".../virtualbox/config.php" page and it came up blank as expected.
    I also tried to change the phpvirtualbox back to default admin/admin user and password by revert back to virtualbox 4.3.x, and it hasn't helped.
    Is there any debug log file I should look at why phpvirtualbox failed to load?

Thanks,

• NTOPNG please

OMV - v6 - Media Server

Lian-Li PC-Q25 | Asrock E3C226D2I | Intel® Xeon® Processor E3-1230 v3 | Kingston Valueram 8Gb ddr3-1600 with ECC | OS: Adata SP600 32GB SSD * DATA: 4 x WD 2TB RED HDD's (RAID5)

• You can connect your docker container to your already installed MySQL server and unless you expose the MySQL port in a docker container on the same port as your non-containerized MySQL server, it won't conflict.

• I see. I don't want to take the risk to share MySQL Owncloud with this app.
    If I install this in the Docker, I need to create another MySQL in Docker, right?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Why do you think it interacts with your "owncloud mysql". You don't have a owncloud mysql, you have a mysql server that can hold thousands of databases. One of those is owncloud and you can have another for snipe-it.

Even your mysql server has already running multiple databases. It has the mysql table and the information-scheme table.. see i even run 4 xbmc databases in one server, hell, some people even squeeze that into one db and seperate it via prefixes.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I haven't try out Docker, that's why I want to be sure.
    I spent too much time on OMV server, and re-installed OC and MySQL a few times, it's PITA.

Thanks for the info.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• @davidh2k how can i link a Docker file to my local mysql database?

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• Probably not the right forum here, but you have more than one option: either via network configuration providing access to the hosts database networt port or you can add a volume to the container mapping the hosts database socket directory to the container. The container then can connect to the socket file (e.g. /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock).
    You could run the container with a volume like "-v /var/run/mysqld/:/var/run/mysqld/" to make the socket of the DB available inside the container...

The container requires the database client libs of course to connect to the DB.

Look here for the network option: http://stackoverflow.com/quest…the-localhost-of-the-mach

• Offizieller Beitrag

an NVR plug-in would be cool.

I have no idea what NVR is (even after a quick google search). A link to the home page is always helpful.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• After having converted from running OMV virtualized to running everything through OMV baremetal, pretty much 95% of what I was doing before has been handled very smoothly with the plugin system. Hats off to you guys as this is the true killer feature of OMV.

On my old platform, the hardest thing to set up was always my TV solution that fed into KODI and recording. TVHeadend, accessing my HDHomerun network tuner, and using mc2xml (and now zap2xml because the former is defunct) for free TV listings for USA ATSC broadcast always required a bit of digging and a lot of testing. It's a bit easier now because the latest versions of TVHeadend have HDHomerun support out of the box, so it's really just setting up zap2xml properly for free listings. It's the only thing I have yet to set up on my OMV box that is outside the plugin system.

Other things I would like in a perfect world are LXC containers. I used them prior and they worked great. I know Docker was built originally on LXC containers but I find LXC to be a bit easier to understand and use since its not as focused on microservice deployment and has more flexibility to do what you want with them. Basically, a competitor option to what I believe is your virtualbox plugin in function, not so much docker, although there is overlap. I don't know much about kernel requirements for LXC so maybe its not feasible at all here.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!