• Offizieller Beitrag

I signed up for a spideroak account about a month ago looking to make a plugin from it. I ran into something (don't remember what now) that didn't fit well with being a plugin. I will have to go back and see what it was.

Interest is great. Help would be better :)

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I signed up for a spideroak account about a month ago looking to make a plugin from it. I ran into something (don't remember what now) that didn't fit well with being a plugin. I will have to go back and see what it was.

Interest is great. Help would be better :)

Im new to OMV/ Debian so I'll have to work through the "Plugin How-To" etc but if you have a basic framework for SpiderOak or similar I'll certainly give it a go!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Im new to OMV/ Debian so I'll have to work through the "Plugin How-To" etc but if you have a basic framework for SpiderOak or similar I'll certainly give it a go!

I didn't start on the plugin. I just went through the installation process. The first problem is that they don't have a repo and the plugin can't download and install a .deb. So, we need to mirror the .deb (not sure if that is against their license). There was something else but I will have to look at that tomorrow.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I didn't start on the plugin. I just went through the installation process. The first problem is that they don't have a repo and the plugin can't download and install a .deb. So, we need to mirror the .deb (not sure if that is against their license). There was something else but I will have to look at that tomorrow.

Think I can help there... When the deb package from SpiderOak is installed it adds this repo to sources list:

Could we simply add this repo via the plugin and then grab the key from here?

Alex

• Offizieller Beitrag

Made a new thread of this :)

Yep. I can add that repo and key to omv-extras. That definitely solves that problem. Looking at the other stuff now.

• Hahaha; I just checked the main Plugin page, saw "SpiderOak" and thought How did I miss that?!?!

The one issue I touched on about the installation is that it by default creates a /User/SpiderOak folder as the initial / default sync folder. That can be removed from the Sync List and deleted but its just a bit extra in the post install script.. says the non expert.

Alex

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think the spideroak plugin would work better and have a hell of a lot less code if the spideroak binary allowed you remove a exclusion/inclusion. You can add inclusions/exclusions of files/folders and you can reset the selection back to initial but there is no remove. So, if you have 50 folders and you want to remove one folder, you have to reset and add 49 back one at a time! This is really delaying my working on this plugin. Everything else works well. I can't contact support about this without being a paid member. Anyone out there a paid member? Maybe they should give me a paid account for free for making this plugin :)

• It's not a years subscription but hopefully my donation will get your foot in the door to explain to the developers why you should get a free premium account for opening the whole OMV user-base to their product!

☺️

• Offizieller Beitrag

• Offizieller Beitrag

Well, that isn't encouraging... I emailed Spideroak tech support on Thursday morning and have yet to receive a response (other than the initial "we received your email").

• Offizieller Beitrag

Corporate offices are in Illinois and data center is in Missouri.

https://spideroak.com/about/team-&-leadership

• Offizieller Beitrag

He did. I guess the selections I was having a problem with are for files in the queue only. I asked him how I add files to the queue because the --help flag for the CLI doesn't explain it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you can figure out how to add files to the queue using the CLI, it would be greatly appreciated :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!