Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

• You can blame this Brexit shit for me not having more time. I should have some time 4th of July weekend.

Anything that effects a configuration that OMV stores in the config.xml is not a good idea to mess with on webmin (e.g. samba config). But there are so many things you can do. It is a great tool. Especially if you prefer a GUI. I'm pretty good in command line but I don't love it.

Frankly I do not understand what you can do in webmin that you can't on omv webui. I am sure there are things out there, just can't think of any right now.
    Don't get me wrong, I have used webmin before and like it very much.
    Just think thay it is redundant on omv as most functionality is the same. Except for a very few things, that just have to be cli, I use omv webui exclusively. But my needs are modest.

I have to wait untill all of the plug-ins I need are in v3.x before moving to it.
    It's a shame I have to rebuild my setup now, got hacked, can you belive it, otherwise I would have used v3.

Sent from my phone

omv 3.0.56 erasmus | 64 bit | 4.7 backport kernel
    SM-SC846(24 bay)| H8DME-2 |2x AMD Opteron Hex Core 2431 @ 2.4Ghz |49GB RAM
    PSU: Silencer 760 Watt ATX Power Supply
    IPMI |3xSAT2-MV8 PCI-X |4 NIC : 2x Realteck + 1 Intel Pro Dual port PCI-e card
    OS on 2×120 SSD in RAID-1 |
    DATA: 3x3T| 4x2T | 2x1T

• I run a Hylafax server with webmin. There is a module.
    There is a good file manager. Good for jumping around and has bookmarks. Easier to visually than in command line.
    Easy to see errors in chown and chmod. Then correct.
    Can view users and groups easily, and related info.. Easy to make adjustments to them.
    I use it to edit files a lot when I am in it.

Those items right there are the most used by me and make it worth it.

• I just installed Webmin, and I notice the RAM usage is difference compare to Netdata.

I think Netdata is more accurate, what do you guys think?

Code
    RAM usage comparison:

webmin: use 20%, free 80%

netdata: use 25.11%   , free 74.89 %

OMV: use 20%, free 80%

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

• Offizieller Beitrag

I think cat /proc/meminfo is the most accurate :) So, if they match meminfo, then they are right.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Can I ask why you think plex isn't available for OMV 3.0.24? I ported it a couple of weeks ago and it is in the repo.

This is the answer i get

• Offizieller Beitrag

Let me guess... RPi? What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Let me guess... RPi? What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

Odroid =)

Code
    ii  openmediavault                 3.0.24                           all          Open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-flashmemory     3.4.1                            all          folder2ram plugin for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-keyring         0.4                              all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg    3.3.3                            all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I should've said armhf. We have a problem since the armhf plex builds aren't maintained anymore. So, for right now, you are out of luck.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

armhf plugins support/development is pretty much dying :/ keep it up guys, do it for me =)=)=)

What gave you that idea? This has nothing to with the plugin. The maintainer of the plex package (isn't an OMV dev) stopped updated the plex package for arm. If he updated it, the plex would work fine. Not much we could do other than try to rebuild the plex package itself. I don't use plex and don't have much time. So, I have very little interest in doing that.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know @shadowzero tried nagios and didn't like it. I use zabbix at work.

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is a bacula fork. Between it and bacula, they have been suggested many times. Would not be an easy plugin.

• What gave you that idea? This has nothing to with the plugin. The maintainer of the plex package (isn't an OMV dev) stopped updated the plex package for arm. If he updated it, the plex would work fine. Not much we could do other than try to rebuild the plex package itself. I don't use plex and don't have much time. So, I have very little interest in doing that.

what about deluge :D ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Deluge?? Not sure what you are asking but it is already a plugin. I don't use it and I don't know if @jhmiller plans on porting it to the latest OMV 3.x.

• It's been ported. The ported version has 1 issue where if you install an earlier version the web interface does not connect to it.
    I am looking into it but wanted to get Deluge out there for others to test as i have done as much as i can. Please take this version as a beta due to the above issue.

If @ryecoaaron can add it to the repo you can try it, I can't do it myself :(

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!