Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you can install it on Debian Wheezy, you can probably install it on OMV.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Is it possible to make an plug-in of for example PtokaX DC++ Hub?

@bonkersGER and myself run it via the xrdp plugin on a small desktop directly. (The Client, not the hub)

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• If you can install it on Debian Wheezy, you can probably install it on OMV.

I installed it but got connection refused, but havn't given up yet.

I will try out the xrdp plugin and see what's it's all about! =)

If I'm not wrong, isn't Ptoka a Windows app???

No, I'm wrong, they seem to have sources for linux...
    Maybe you can compile and run allongside OMV but I would suggest docker...

Yes, cross-platform =) i will look into Docker, tried VirtualBox, but I could not connect to the RDP so i fucked up the installation some how by Google and no knowledge of Linux :D

Thank you all for your replys!

• Any chance of getting a plugin for Tinc VPN? It was requested once a couple years ago and it was asked what the advantage was over OpenVPN, but the original guy never replied. To answer that aspect of it, OpenVPN is designed specifically to be a Client-Server configuration. You can do mesh, but it's actively non-trivial. Tinc is actually designed with a full-mesh setup in mind.

Honestly, it's easy enough to set up manually - took me about 45 minutes to get it installed on DigitalOcean, my OMV box, my Arch box, and my parents' OMV - and a third of that was setting up the remote desktop session to bounce through to their OMV box. I'm thinking of a plugin for it, so that maybe the Tunnel adapter will show up in the Networking tab of interfaces. Right now it doesn't on either OMV box. It might also make some of the fiddly-bits of generating the config files even easier; it's not hard with a good guide, but if you're setting up multiple mesh VPNs, it can get tiresome.

By the way, the reason for doing this was to set up Syncthing without having to bounce through public relays that seriously slowed transfer rates for me. Works like a champ.

• NZBHydra is another option to look at. It replaces NZBMegaSearch and can be beneficial to those of us with multiple indexers to hook into Couchpotato and Sonarr/Sickrage.

I got the latest from git and was able to get it up and running pretty easily.

• It wold be nice to have a plugin to manage btrfs HDD's with the new fetures from btrfs

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• What are you looking for specifically?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• I think to format the disks and to manage snapshots and raid

used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• I think formating shouldn't be big of an issue, raid on the other hand would be restricted to raid 0/1 since every other raid mode is - to my knowledge - a no-no as of today.

Snapshotting would take some effort to be incorparated into the GUI.

I'll fill some feature requests later.

Greetings
    David

• Thanks @davidh2k I see the btrfs formatting is in omv 3.0.9

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes. It wold be nice to have a btrfs plugin ( to manage subvolume, snapshots, and others btrfs features)

OMV 3.x is getting more and more features. There are currently bugtracker feature requests for this to added to OMV.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |

• Offizieller Beitrag

How about the new in town surveilance softeware called XEOMA.
    already tested the xeoma server on raspberry pi 3 and runs great.
    It's simple and smart. Really like it!

Sounds like you are advertising... We typically don't make plugins for paid software...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!