Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

• And thats were we advise to use the Docker image of Kodi (headless).

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• First I want to say thank you for such a great product!

Is there something in the pipeline like a good http download manager like FatRat, webui-aria2, uget or something with a web ui interface? I used pyload but it is slow and you cannot pause and resume. I am no expert in linux but try to find my way around things here and there. I now run a virtualbox vm with other software as a workaround.

• Ive used omv-downloader. Although very basic it works but I am concerned about the big files I transfer. I need to keep my finger on it due to poor broadband, connection timeaouts etc. I created jdownloader account but once I open the tab in omv it redirects me to the online site. Will play some more with it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Ive used omv-downloader. Although very basic it works but I am concerned about the big files I transfer. I need to keep my finger on it due to poor broadband, connection timeaouts etc.

What is it missing?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Pause, resume, set download speed, update download link, see progress, see download speed, est time left, schedules.

Uh, I guess I shouldn't have asked. I made the plugin mainly for youtube-dl and to download ISOs. Most of those features you want aren't supported by youtube-dl. I'm sure there is another client/web app out there that would meet your needs.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I'm looking for a good DVR software to use and, although there are options available, there is no good plugin for OMV. According to the forums VDR no longer works with HDHomeRun tuners, so that well has run dry. Perhaps we could get a replacement DVR from OMV-Extras?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Perhaps we could get a replacement DVR from OMV-Extras?

As mentioned in other threads, tvheadend doesn't really need a plugin. So, you have a better chance of finding a docker than a plugin in omv-extras.

• Fair enough. I'm biased heavily toward plug-ins because they're plug-and-play. I get intimidated by using Docker because I have to set what ports I want to pass through to the underlying OS and I have to map all of the docker directories to other locations on my disk array, and when things don't work I have no idea how to fix them. Heck, sometimes they don't work because people upload incomplete Docker containers, but I'm not good enough with Docker to figure that out without spending two days searching forums to find the solution.

This is a plug-in request thread, so I made a request. Although Docker is far superior in its breadth, plugins are still king for usability.

• A "find duplicates" plugin has already been requested (top 4 at the moment). So fslint could be a good candidate for that.

I think a plugin like this would be nice. Just a single output window like sysinfo with

Filename.extentionPath1Path2

Shouldn´t be too hard at all.

• well the easiest way is to go transmission...
    another way is rtorrent via docker, there is a image ready...
    and then you could always try install deluge from source manually in a docker container and use that...
    I can give you a hand on the latter, just whistle...

• Transmission is a no go, i want socks5.
    I installed rtorrent using docker but i couldn't find alot of settings i wanted like socks5 and scheduler.
    I tried to install deluge using a docker image or 2 but couldn't get it to work.
    I have since found the deluge plugin on the omvextras repo and it works fine.

HOWEVER, i would like to install deluge from source manually in a docker container. So if you could give me a hand to do that, that would be great.

Cheers.

• @irwazza, please don't ask questions here about existing plugins, this thread is for requesting plugins.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• Hi! First post, installed OMV a couple of days ago, i like it! Thank you everyone who's made this possible! =)

Now to my question, I've searched the forums but didn't find anything.

Is it possible to make an plug-in of for example PtokaX DC++ Hub?

Or can i install it along side the OMV install, through the Terminal?

Hope you understand what i mean!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!