Plugins that are wanted - Part 5

• That is the best pricing I have seen with something that looks like it would work well for a plugin.

You bet - backup software devs (such as duplicity) are getting a lot of demand to include them as backend now.
    Just a matter of waiting before it happens :)

Also worth mentionning is hubic, which
    - is supported by duplicity
    - offers unltd storage for 10€ / month
    - is hosted in France (which is a + for me anyway)

But I wouldnt truest em as dvpt seems to have stopped, website is sketchy as f** and support nonexistent.

• That is the best pricing I have seen with something that looks like it would work well for a plugin.

So just 55 $ per month backing up my current data?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• So just 55 $ per month backing up my current data?

Greetings
    David

That'd be for their mainstream offering, which has no linux client as of yet and indeed offers unltd backup for $5/month.

I was however referring to their brand enw S3-like offering (called b2) where they offer pay-as-you-use storage (much akin to Amazon Glacier except way cheaper). The idea is you pay .005 cts / gb stored, uploads are free and downloads are .05ct / gb (off the top of my head).
    Makes for a cheap offline backup solution (where you seldom need to recover your files - if ever).

The thing has been announced 2 weeks ago and we still need to see main backup software (duplicity, arq, etc) supporting b2 as a backend. Should be quite soon after beta starts since they already offer an API etc.

EDIT: read "5$ a month" - sorry

• It looks like a good service but I think that for the average home user you can’t beat the cost and convenience of an external hard drive.

The 55$ per month, which I guess is for 10TB of data, is 660$ per year. This is almost the cost of 3 - 8TB external hard drives (in USD)…

• That would kind of defeat the purpose of off-site unless you bring it to the office or sth.

I would use it for my 1.5tb - not sure what will happen when I'll have 10tb

• I saw Pydio in this topic : +1 ! Please do it :D
    I test both owncloud and pydio, the last one (pydio) is far better especially when we talk about share files with collaborate team... Folder/files activity...Easy user interface.. I like ajax..... More and more....
    Really need this plugin with several HDDs mountable ! It would be so great ;D
    Cheers!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I really don't like pydio. If you want pydio, I would look at using it in a docker with the docker-gui plugin.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I really don't like pydio

Hey, why u dont share with us why u dont like so much pydio? And if u have other sugestion (exept owncloud..).

ps : actually i do some test with pydio appliance add in omv plug. virtualbox... many problems for adding somespace... pydio forum not so reactive....

• There is not a file manager in linux that I like. I hate them all. I wish there was a really great web based one. I wish all the frameworks had a decent native file manager already available that could be implemented.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hey, why u dont share with us why u dont like so much pydio? And if u have other sugestion (exept owncloud..).

I just want a web based file manager that looks at my existing file structure/shares not what essentially is another container on top of a file system. Plus, it didn't lend itself to becoming a plugin last time I looked at it (quite a while ago). I don't like owncloud either. And I haven't found something else.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've setup pydio 2 times. I hated it and it's precursor. Why is it so effing hard for the linux community to get a decent web based file manager???

Is there a good Windows web based file manager? Unless it is aspx, it should be relatively platform independent.

• @ryecoaaron I had actually looked around and there are some that look decent for Windows. But don't need it for a desktop. Would be nice to have one integrated into the OMV Web GUI. Something like webmins but not dependent on java. And that works faster and looks better.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!