• Offizieller Beitrag

I see syncthing 0.11 was released a couple of days ago. I wonder if it has gotten better?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I see syncthing 0.11 was released a couple of days ago. I wonder if it has gotten better?

No iOS support on sight yet. As for know someone is privately developing an application, he is sending private msg for beta testing

https://forum.syncthing.net/t/…dare-to-beta-test/1795/33

As for btsync 2.0, maybe we should just reduce it to a start/stop init and let people handle the plugin in their own webUI

• Hi there,

Well, there are severall bigger changes
    However, in terms of an official, easy installer for Windows or Mac OS X there are no news for the not so tech savvy end user.

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Hi subzero79,

As for btsync 2.0, maybe we should just reduce it to a start/stop init and let people handle the plugin in their own webUI

So this iOS-syncthing story was out of my sight -Sorry.
    Towards a btsync 2.x-plugin, yes that seems to me a better solution than no solution for btsync 2.x in OMV for the moment.

OpenMediaVault 6.x (most recent stable version) -- 64 bit -- OMV-Extras 6.x (most recent stable version) -- Default Kernel

• Hi there,
    any news in the meantime regarding a possible btsync 2 plugin ?
    Thanks,
    topi

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know of anyone working on it.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I've been using Syncthing since long (I think since 0.4 release), never had any problems on any of my systems (amongst them Android 4.0.1->5.1, Windows 7/8.1 and 10, ubuntu 14.04, Debian 6/7)

Once setup the only thing I have to pay attention to is major verison changes (as auto upgrade dosn't upgrade thoes)

• Would you mind linking a guide to installing syncthing which would be easiest to use on OMV?

How do you update after a major version change?

edit: even some general tips for installing any package on OMV would be usefull; i.e.

• search for "install" + "the name of the software" + "wheezy" (Debian?)
    • in addition to the normal installation steps, create a new user and give write permission to folder X & Y
    • make the software auto-running by ..

google is our friend, but it would helpful to know what to search for and what is usually different for OMV compared to popular distros..

• Offizieller Beitrag

Since syncthing has a debian repo, a plugin is much easier to create. omv-extras 1.24 adds the syncthing key and repo. I am working on the plugin. I have a very basic plugin working :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Syncthing plugin is now in the btsync repo. Just remember that it is a testing version. I have tested it on multiple VMs but I don't use syncthing. Suggest other features if you think of them.

• your plugin seems to be working properlly for one syncthing user.

regular usage of syncthing is to make run a syncthing instance by each user, at different ports.

so that each user of the nas can sync the files on his equipment with the directories he is allowed to access on the nas

for this a config file for each user has to be modified to define the port of the gui and access conditions
    and the cronjobs have to be created so that the syncthing executable is started on boot for each user

• Offizieller Beitrag

I know but that increased the complexity of the plugin greatly. I just wanted something working to start. Just to warn, taking from github can be dangerous. Not every commit works.

No need for a cronjob. The init script is setup to start an instance for each user. Once we have the features everyone expects, I will work on multiple users.

• i expressed myself in a wrong way :

first : i am so happy that you are working on this plugin to make a great switch from btsync
    and it is very good way to start right away with a simple workable plugin that will evolve with time

i did not used the community debian package of syncthing.
    i did neither build syncthing from github source files
    i did worked with the official syncthing linux builds taken which are published on github as ready to use executables : https://github.com/syncthing/syncthing/releases

because in fact syncthing does not seem to need dependecies to be workable

concerning additionnel features
    i am in the mood for multi user :)

if the init script directly creates an instance for each user this is pretty cool already :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I meant I wouldn't build the plugin from github.

concerning additionnel features
    i am in the mood for multi user :)

if the init script directly creates an instance for each user this is pretty cool already :)

I knew that people would want multi-user. That is why I left the code in the init script. Like I said, I want to make sure the single instance is right before moving to multi-user.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!