Subsonic does not install

• Hi there,

I've searched around but I can't see anyone else having this issue. My OS drive recently died in a horrible screeching sound, so I have reinstalled from fresh onto a new drive. Everything is setup the way I had it before and all of the plugins work perfectly, except for Subsonic. When I select it in the plugins list and install, it gets to the "Reading state information" section and stops. I have to kill my browser tab and reload it to get back to the WebGUI and everything is fine, just no Subsonic installed. I have a lot of other plugins and none of them have this issue, it is just Subsonic.

Has anyone else had a problem similar to this please? If any support logs are required, let me know and I can post them. I tried clearing the apt cache as well but no success there either.

Thank you,

James

• Just tried in a VM and the install does work ok

However the bloody install buttons for the normal/beta versions of Subsonic are broken. I will try and fix it now before I have to leave for work.

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• In fact it does install subsonic, just needed to refresh the page

• I am also having an issue with Subsonic...when i click on the service link on the left this error pops up:

Error #3003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration (xpath=//services/subsonic)' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/subsonic.inc:83
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSubsonic->getSettings(NULL, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getSettings', NULL, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Subsonic', 'getSettings', NULL, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

or...

Error #4000:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to execute command 'omv-mkconf subsonic getsettings': /etc/openmediavault/config.xml:1281.49: Premature end of data in tag incomplete.sharedfolderref line 1281
    <incomplete.sharedfolderref>166d4cab-6
    ^
    /etc/openmediavault/config.xml:1281.49: Premature end of data in tag filesandlocations line 1277
    ^
    /etc/openmediavault/config.xml:1281.49: Premature end of data in tag modules line 1276
    ^
    /etc/openmediavault/config.xml:1281.49: Premature end of data in tag transmissionbt line 1262
    ^
    /etc/openmediavault/config.xml:1281.49: Premature end of data in tag services line 891
    ^
    /etc/openmediavault/config.xml:1281.49: Premature end of data in tag config line 2
    ^' in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/subsonic.inc:67
    Stack trace:
    #0 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSubsonic->getSettings(NULL, Array)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(79): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('getSettings', NULL, Array)
    #3 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(500): OMVRpc::exec('Subsonic', 'getSettings', NULL, Array, 1)
    #4 {main}

I can reach subsonic and it is working, but i cannot change any settings from the openmediavault web gui...

• What happens when you try manual install in ssh?
    apt-get install openmediavault-subsonic

Sorry, had some awful work shifts so only just got around to having a go. Appears it is a dependency issue. Odd as I have only recently completed a fresh install of OMV and I haven't made any manual tweaks to it. All I've done so far is reinstall the same plugins I had before on the previous setup and configure my shares and samba.

Trying to manaully install openjdk-8-jre results in the following.

Code
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Package openjdk-8-jre is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'openjdk-8-jre' has no installation candidate
  • try openjdk-7-jre as that is what is installed most times

• I actually tried that straight after but had this error. I have tried clearing the apt-cache, updating apt and tried "apt-mark showhold" but it does not return any results.

My sources list is as follows. I've made no changes to this either in the WebGUI or manually.

• Please try to switch to another mirror. It seems that your mirror may haven't received a little fix for the tzdata package.

Problems with sources.list?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Please try to switch to another mirror. It seems that your mirror may haven't received a little fix for the tzdata package.

Problems with sources.list?

Greetings
    David

I have tried 5 different mirrors around the world and each has the same result. I have followed down the dependencies each time but end in tzdata stating that it is the newest version installed. This is the last point before that.

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     tzdata-java : Depends: tzdata (= 2014j-0wheezy1) but 2015a-0wheezy1 is to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
  • Have you tried apt-get install openjdk-7-jre-headless openjdk-7-jre?

• Intresting. Would you mind grabbing the latest tzdata from debian.org directly? google debian packages tzdata ofcourse choose the debian wheezy version. Then install the package via dpkg -i package.deb. Once that is done try again to install java.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Have you tried apt-get install openjdk-7-jre-headless openjdk-7-jre?

I did that first. I tried openjdk-8-jre, then went for openjdk-7-jre then headless then followed the rabbit hole all the way down to tzdata where I hit the dead end of it telling me it was the newest version installed.

• Intresting. Would you mind grabbing the latest tzdata from debian.org directly? google debian packages tzdata ofcourse choose the debian wheezy version. Then install the package via dpkg -i package.deb. Once that is done try again to install java.

Greetings
    David

I'll give that a go now. Thanks guys, I have no idea why it's not working! Will post back shortly.

• Well this is weird. Downloaded the package and installed it. Confirmed that it is the 2015a-0wheezy1 version installed. Still failing to install packages from openmediavault-subsonic all the way down to tzdata-java, which is the package just before tzdata. It results in the following.

Code
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     tzdata-java : Depends: tzdata (= 2014j-0wheezy1) but 2015a-0wheezy1 is to be installed
    E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
  • I have also tried checking for broken packages with dpkg but it does not return any results, so I have no idea why it keeps referring to held broken packages as I get no results when looking for held packages or broken packages.

• oh, my bad, you need to get tzdata-java, as this has the wrong dependency.

Greetings
    David

• oh, my bad, you need to get tzdata-java, as this has the wrong dependency.

Greetings
    David

That's ok. If my brain wasn't so fried after a 10 hour shift I might have thought to have given that a go anyway! It has worked, manually grabbing tzdata-java meant that the Subsonic plugin immediately installed, along with all other required dependencies including java. Thanks for the advice guys, I appreciate it.

• Good job David.

Would it be better to add tzdata-java as a dependency?

• That doesn't solve the problem, and including tzdata-java would, to me, only be a dirty workaround since it could lead to trouble on future updates. To be honest I don't know why so many mirrors seem to be still out of date, that fix was pushed over a month ago!

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!