Possible Bug in resolvconf pkg - with workaround

• Hi all

I've come across an odd issue which seems to have surfaced when I added the dnsmasq plugin. Initially i had some issues getting dnsmasq to supply the correct gateway to clients but I resolved that with the option
    dhcp-option=3,192.168.1.1

However stranger still was the behaviour of resolvconf which steadfastly refused to accept the dns-nameserver option in the bond0 entry in /etc/network/interfaces

# The loopback network interface
    auto lo
    iface lo inet loopback
    iface lo inet6 loopback

# bond0 network interface
    auto bond0
    iface bond0 inet static
    address 192.168.1.50
    gateway 192.168.1.1
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    dns-nameservers 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
    bond-slaves eth1 eth0
    bond-mode 0
    bond-miimon 100
    bond-downdelay 200
    bond-updelay 200
    iface bond0 inet6 auto
    privext 2
    pre-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/$IFACE/autoconf
    pre-up echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/$IFACE/accept_ra
    pre-up echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/$IFACE/disable_ipv6

It seems that resolvconf was reading the lo interfaces and truncating its output such that /etc/resolv.conf read nameserver=127.0.0.1

so for me, dhcp clients had no problem resolving addresses since dnsmasq (listening on bond0) supplied name resolution details in the dhcp packet but the local machine couldn't resolve anything.

If I manually update /etc/resolv.conf to include external nameservers the problem goes away until resolvconf updates the file in /etc.

MY FIX---> I noticed the file /etc/resolvconf/interfaces had NO entry for any bonded interfaces. I added (at the top for good measure) the entry bond* saved the file and ran resolvconf -u --->the result was a correctly updated /etc/resolv.conf file and the omv machine could resolve internet addresses again. I'm sure there is something I'm missing here but the workaround seems to work. The question seems to be - is there some setting to make dnsmasq also listen to 127.0.0.1 ?

cheers

david

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!