Owncloud 8 and MySQL: alternative approach

• Is it possible to get PHP 5.5 or 5.6 to run on openmediavault? Since owncloud 8.1 the devs seem to be starting to use features from newer PHP versions that are not supported by 5.4 which is the maximum version for wheezy.

Has anyone got it to work?
    Or does installing 5.5 break things with the OMV web interface?

I am asking this mainly due to the owncloud news plugin that I like and that since a few versions will only work with PHP>=5.5

• Did anyone try running OC via the docker plugin?

i have test it and it works but i don't know how use mysql
    the question is hare too

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von happyreacer ()

• It will likely break things.... Did anyone try running OC via the docker plugin?

Thanka for the clear answer!

I havn't messed around with docker a lot so far, but shouldn't it be the most straightforward way to include a separate mysql server inside the same container as the owncloud installation and base it all on a Jessie Debian?

• I followed the guide but whenever I paste the code in I get the following error message:

I saw people where having the same problem earlier in the thread but nodbody mentioned what the solution is. It doesn''t seem to matter what I paste in there I always get an error if i put anything in the additional field... Anybody solved this before?

• I'm sure i followed the guide to the letter. How can I check the Nginx config file, where should it be?
    Myabe It's some kind of authorization issue, which user is used to write these changes from the gui and how can I check if the rights are ok?

• I don't remember the exact path, but I think it's like /etc/nginx/sites-available/ or
    /etc/nginx/nginx.conf 

owncloud directory ownership should be: www-data:www-data
    You can check it via SSH: cd to /media/UUID/your owncloud folder, then ls -la
    Have you try to erase cookies in your browser?

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Thanks! there was indeed a problem with the config file. I completely removed the niginx plugin and re installed. It works now. To my surprice OC 8.2 was installed and it seems to work so far. It does give me 2 messages about transactional file locking and the PHP version but as far as I can tell they're just warnings. I'll look into solving those later.

• Anyone in here using OC 8.2.1 yet?

It's recommended to upgrade PHP 5.4 to 5.5 or greater.
    I saw one of the user in here had an issue access to OMV after performed the PHP55 upgrade.

Code
    Security & setup warningsTransactional file locking is using the database as locking backend, for best performance it's advised to configure a memcache for locking. See the documentation ↗ for more information.
    Your PHP version (5.4.45-0+deb7u2) is no longer supported by PHP. We encourage you to upgrade your PHP version to take advantage of performance and security updates provided by PHP.
    Please double check the installation guides ↗, and check for any errors or warnings in the log.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• i have test oC 8.1 with default php5.4. it works. i'v only a information on the adminside.

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• OC 8.2.1 is working on php5.4, but it has more cpu load compare to OC 8.1.x.

Anybody in here know how to do a reverse proxy for OC?
    My ISP blocked port 443.
    I tried a port redirect from DDNS but it didn't work.

Current settings:
    http: 80
    https: 5443

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Hi,
    I install redis-server and php5-redis, I edit config.php and ... error 500. I get back to config.php with 'memcache.local" => '\OC\Memcache\APC' and OC run successful.

config.php with redis:
    'memcache.locking' => \OC\Memcache\Redis',
    'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\Redis',
    'redis' => array(
    'host' => 'localhost'
    'port' => 6379'
    'timeout' => 0.0
    ),
    this is not successful, Server error 500.

Code
    Sicherheits- & Einrichtungswarnungen
    Fehler beim Überprüfen der Servereinrichtung
    			Transactional file locking is using the database as locking backend, for best performance it's advised to configure a memcache for locking. See the documentation ↗ for more information.		
    		Bitte überprüfen Sie noch einmal die Installationsanleitungen ↗ und kontrollieren Sie das Log auf mögliche Fehler oder Warnungen.

Please give me any hints to resolve this problem, thank you and many friendly greetings.

2 BananaPi, 1 OrangePiPC+, 1 OrangePiPC with OMV 6.0.x

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von omavoss ()

• Hey, ich habe es selbst herausgefunden, was der Fehler war.

In der config.php muss es richtig heißen:

dann tritt der Fehler 500 nicht mehr auf und ich kann mich im OC einloggen.

Nun ist nur noch oben auf der Administratorseite vom OC eine rote Zeile:

Code
    Sicherheits- & Einrichtungswarnungen
    (rot)Fehler beim Überprüfen der Servereinrichtung(/rot)
    		Bitte überprüfen Sie noch einmal die Installationsanleitungen ↗ und kontrollieren Sie das Log auf mögliche Fehler oder Warnungen.

Gibt es dafür Abhilfe?

viele Grüße.

2 BananaPi, 1 OrangePiPC+, 1 OrangePiPC with OMV 6.0.x

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!