Owncloud 8 and MySQL: alternative approach

• this is crazy, owncloud worked for a day and now i can't login, get this on the login page,

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
    More details can be found in the server log.

no plugins added, just added the users and synced one account, all that went well.
    No errors in the nginx error log, but have errors in the access log. sometimes things just don't go the way we wish they would.
    here's some of the info the access log,

Code
    ::ffff:192.168.1.11 - - [18/Jul/2015:20:45:32 -0400] "GET /status.php HTTP/1.1" 500 5 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows) mirall/1.8.4"

Code
    ::ffff:192.168.1.11 - - [18/Jul/2015:20:39:37 -0400] "-" 400 0 "-" "-"
  • The thing that is so hard with OC is you go from version to version and still so many errors and instability issues. It is too hard on the end user too. An application should not always take so much configuration on the end users part. Volker said he going to work on Seafile. I am happy for that. I wish OC would improve but it always seems to have issues.

• I just re-installed OMV, and OC.
    I think this is my 6th time installed OC.
    I'm glad it's working for me, but I don't know how to fix the lame errors regarding getenv 'path' and https stricten.

@HackitZ,

See this, it maybe related to your issue: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/9814
    Try to disable OC apps, if there is any enabled.

@tekkb,
    How come you guys chose Seafile over Pydio?
    Pydio looks more professional and nicer than Seafile to me.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Hi,

just updated from 8.0.4 to 8.1 following this guide.

When starting the administration page I had the same three errors, which are allready reported here:

Sicherheits- & Einrichtungswarnungen

(1) PHP scheint zur Abfrage von Systemumgebungsvariablen nicht richtig eingerichtet zu sein. Der Test mit getenv ("PATH") liefert nur eine leere Antwort zurück.
    Bitten überprüfe die Installationsdokumentation auf Hinweise zur PHP-Konfiguration sowie die PHP-Konfiguration Deines Servers, insbesondere dann, wenn Du PHP-FPM einsetzt.

(2) Es wurde kein PHP Memory Cache konfiguriert. Konfiguriere zur Erhöhung der Leistungsfähigkeit, soweit verfügbar, einen Memory Cache. Weitere Informationen finden Sie in unserer Dokumentation.

(3) Der „Strict-Transport-Security“-HTTP-Header ist nicht auf mindestens „15768000“ Sekunden eingestellt. Für umfassende Sicherheit wird das Aktivieren von HSTS empfohlen, wie es in unseren Sicherheitshinweisen erläutert ist.

I struggled a couple of hours and found these solutions:

(1)
    In the pool config of your OC fpm-pool (nginx/pools) add these lines in the extra options field:
    env[PATH] = /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin

(2)
    Install php-apc:
    root@server:~# apt-get install php-apc
    Add 'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APC', in your OC config.php.
    Restart php-fpm:
    root@server:~# /etc/init.d/php5-fpm restart

(3)
    In your nginx OC server settings add this to the server extra options:
    add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;";

The error messages are gone.
    But I am not quite sure, what all these parameters do. So take care.

• @HackitZ,

See this, it maybe related to your issue: https://github.com/owncloud/core/issues/9814
    Try to disable OC apps, if there is any enabled.

I checked out the link and the bracket is not my issue. the other issue, he has write access problems this seems to be close. but his direction is report to the package maintainer. the poster said it's fixed but no idea how he fixed it.

I feel like i have a permission issue, so i ran,
    chown -R www-data:www-data /media/b980b57f-07d5-41ff-8d7f-bf93f3f1adea/www/owncloud/data
    This did nothing to fix my issue.

here's my owncloud log, this is repeating over and over.

Code
    {"reqId":"Kw8o\/tjDZZhL+xUbn0hN","remoteAddr":"::ffff:192.168.144.246","app":"remote","message":"Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: could not find driver","level":4,"time":"2015-07-19T17:57:00+00:00","method":"GET","url":"\/status.php"}
    {"reqId":"pnefIxPXzsAGwXQx2tEI","remoteAddr":"::ffff:192.168.144.246","app":"remote","message":"Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: could not find driver","level":4,"time":"2015-07-19T17:57:32+00:00","method":"GET","url":"\/status.php"}
  • @Enra,

You beat me, man.
    I solved all the errors above except the getenv path.

@HackitZ,

Look like your SQL having errors.
    Try this:

1. Leave the nginx installed.
    2. Uninstall MySQL.
    3. Remove all mysql packages from terminal.
    4. Delete your mysql folder & owncloud folder.
    5. Reboot OMV.
    6. Re-create folders for /mysql, & /www/owncloud.
    7. Re-install mysql & owncloud.
    8. Ensure give owncloud folder www-data permission.
    9. Follow the rest of the guide on page 1.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Thanks, back up and running.

@'Enra
    (1) In the pool config of your OC fpm-pool (nginx/pools) add these lines in the extra options field:env[PATH] = /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
    (2)Install php-apc:root@server:~# apt-get install php-apcAdd 'memcache.local' => '\OC\Memcache\APC', in your OC config.php.Restart php-fpm:root@server:~# /etc/init.d/php5-fpm restart
    (3)In your nginx OC server settings add this to the server extra options:add_header Strict-Transport-Security "max-age=15768000; includeSubDomains; preload;";

Removed all my errors, thanks for all the help.

• Thanks @Enra :thumbup:
    I use OC 8.1 now and update the filter in fail2ban too.
    All thinks work fine on my OMV :thumbup:

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• A fresh install.
    If you use this tutorial, then you may need to uninstall the plug-in to avoid conflict.
    Use USB backup or Rsync or other method to migrate your data.

You don't need to delete your data folder.
    Move your owncloud data to another location.
    Then move it back to OC v8, when you're done the installation, and setup.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Of course, you'll need either mysql or sql lite to work with OC.
    MySQL database should be in a separate location, not within OC folder.
    You can try not to remove mysql, and just install new OC.

I would recommend start everything fresh, save time, and headache.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Hi,

it is not impossible to backup the database and import it into a new one.
    But you'll have to have sufficient skills in SQL and the OC dB structure.
    Normally there is a table called "owncloud" or similar which you can export as sql-statements.
    And there is an mysql user called oc_admin in the mysql table. This one caused me a lot of trouble.

So if I you only have a couple of users, it is very more comfortable to export the calendar and contacts of each user via the OC webgui in reimport them later the same way.

• ok figured it out oc 8 is running via opensuse sources

but running into 2 problems :

Der „Strict-Transport-Security“-HTTP-Header ist nicht auf mindestens „15768000“ Sekunden eingestellt. Für umfassende Sicherheit wird das Aktivieren von HSTS empfohlen, wie es in unseren Sicherheitshinweisen erläutert ist.

read all you have mention about this but if i add it in nginx it wont work and i dont know in which fil i should enter the option :( FIXED

also if i try to connect with ios app , the server connection work, but if i attemp to log i got error i cant.

in nginx owncloud_access.log i got error :

"-" 400 0 "-" "-"

:(

with normal windows sync client all work just with ios app not :/

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!