Owncloud 8 and MySQL: alternative approach

• Hi!

I have successful installed owncloud 8, as explained in this thread. However I cant upload files bigger than 2M (yes 2 megabytes). And it gives me the following error: "The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini: 10G"

Any suggestions?

Thanks

• I had a problem with my SSL certificate (HSTS) and have found out that it has been fixed within a new Owncloud 8 version.
    I installed it and it's working great :)
    Under Data Performance Info there is a message that Ownlcoud is using a SQlite database.
    Is this a problem,or is it easy to install the normal MySQL or MariaDB?

The Owncloud version within the plugin looks outdated version 6
    Isn't it vulnerable for hacks?
    What i see the only disadvantage with this install is that the users aren't synct.
    But now you get all of the updates from Owncloud.

Thanks for the alternative approach

• I have installed it with setup-owncloud.php but forgot to enable mysql.
    After a message i enabled it.

Tried to delete Owncloud and the database to begin over again but made the fault by deleting the sql database directory.
    That wasn't the best way because i needed to delete and reinstall all the databases.
    But now i was able to make a new database.

Only i have a problem with setting a MySQL root password.
    I have changed it within the MySQL app i pressed save and then apply.
    But it doesn't change :(
    After a while i just tried to install Owncloud with no password but hope i can change it for security reasons ;)

I can now login to MyWebSQL and see that there are 7 users and a change password tap.
    Can i just change all the users to another password or is there another way?

These are the users:
    root@localhost
    debian-sys-maint@localhost
    oc_admin@%
    oc_admin@localhost
    root@127.0.0.1
    root@::1
    root@"myservername"

The Data Performance Info was found within the admin screen of OwnCloud
    After a reinstall i don't see the message anymore.

• Should work if you change the pw of
    root@localhost
    root@127.0.0.1
    root@::1
    root@"myservername"
    They all should have the same pw (cause it's the same user)
    Don't touch the other users.

• Hi guys,

I followed this tutorial , and I got stuck during the mySQL password creation.
    But I got it fixed.

I'm able to log in owncloud, and create users.

My questions:

1. Do I need to use mysql to create user or anything ?
    I'm assuming use OC web-gui for user creation, and external storage mapping...

2. I upload the user_openmediavault plugin into the /var/www/owncloud/apps, but I don't see it in the admin apps console.

3. Why the Nginx's Pool User, and Group aren't saved after I chose www-data for both, and click Save?

4. I'm also getting this error in OC portal:

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370
    32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von tinh_x7 ()

• Hi,

1. Do I need to use mysql to create user or anything ?
    I'm assuming use OC web-gui for user creation, and external storage mapping...

The users and everything else is stored by the owncloud app in the MySQL database.
    No manual intervention necessary.

2. I upload the user_openmediavault plugin into the /var/www/owncloud/apps, but I don't see it in the admin apps console

In my installation I had no probs with that.

I have no hints to your other questions. ;(

• Hi Enra,

Thanks for the response.

Regarding to question 3, I was talking about where you show the screenshot of 'Configure nginx; Add a pool in nginx'.

I select www-data for both group & user, then click save, but when I reopen it, it shows blank.

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

• Your pool-prob is not an OC issue.
    You should consider to reinstall the nginx-plugin too.

If I install the OC in the root folder of /www/owncloud, put in the dot, would my external url be mydomain.com/owncloud ?

Think this will work. You have to add this name to the "trusted domains".

• FYI:
    Something is weird going on w/the Nginx plugin.
    The user/group selection sometimes display properly and sometimes isn't, regardless whether I using Firefox or Chrome.
    However, the settings are saved properly in the /etc/php5/fpm/pool.d/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.conf

I finally got OC installed after 5 attempts, mysQL is a pain in the @ss!
    It almost ruin my OMV server.

Anyway, whenever I connect to OC via LAN or WAN, i have to specified the port number for it in order to connect.
    Is there a way to connect without put in the port number such as http://www.abc.mydomain.com:8443 ?
    Can my OC CN (common name) be http://www.xyz.mydomain.com:8443?

• on owncloud 8.1 i have an error on the admin side:

Code
    PHP scheint zur Abfrage von Systemumgebungsvariablen nicht richtig eingerichtet zu sein. Der Test mit getenv ("PATH") liefert nur eine leere Antwort zurück. Bitten überprüfe die Installationsdokumentation auf Hinweise zur PHP-Konfiguration sowie die PHP-Konfiguration Deines Servers, insbesondere dann, wenn Du PHP-FPM einsetzt.

sorry, it's in german ;)
    everybody have an idea?
    Do i need options in my nginx pool or changing my nginx config?

omv 6.x | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 6.x |
    used plugins: omv-extras | portainer | rsnapshot | antivirus
    used container: portainer/portainer | nextcloud/all-in-one | linuxserver/swag | paperless-ngx | jellyfin/jellyfin | lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver | adguard/adguardhome |

• I have the same error as yours.
    I think this is the answer:

OMV v5.0
    Asus Z97-A/3.1; i3-4370

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!