Stuck at Checking Quotas, not available

• Hello everyone,

As others have run across, my system is stuck at 'checking quotas.' I've waited as long as 15 minutes before forcing a shutdown. I've read in other posts users waiting as long as 30 without any luck.

I read the following post but I didn't find it helpful since I never get to a prompt. The only thing I can access is the GRUB version menu prior to boot. I can't SSH or access anything via IP. Has anyone been able to fix this with the given scenario?

MD

• Offizieller Beitrag

It isn't broken. You need to let it finish. The larger the drive(s), the longer it can take. I've heard of systems taking over an hour to finish. Once it is booted, you can disable using update-rc.d quota disable.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• It isn't broken. You need to let it finish. The larger the drive(s), the longer it can take. I've heard of systems taking over an hour to finish. Once it is booted, you can disable using update-rc.d quota disable.

Time to grin and bear it then. I have a 3x4TB Raid 5 to check out then. Thanks for the quick response!
    I'll try to keep an eye on it so anyone else seeing this post can get an idea of the timeframe before they can get to a prompt.

• I remember getting these long quota checks during bootups in previous versions of OMV. But I recently did a clean install of 1.9 and then updated to 1.11 from within the GUI, and now whenever I reboot, it doesnt even seem to do the quota checks anymore. Maybe it's disabled by default now? ?( Can quota checks be tested in a VM?

Xeon E5-2630 v3 | 8GB DDR4 ECC | 12TB SnapRAID/AUFS Pool | OMV 2.1

• Offizieller Beitrag

I remember getting these long quota checks during bootups in previous versions of OMV. But I recently did a clean install of 1.9 and then updated to 1.11 from within the GUI, and now whenever I reboot, it doesnt even seem to do the quota checks anymore. Maybe it's disabled by default now? ?( Can quota checks be tested in a VM?

No.. it is not disabled by default. As for whether they can be tested in a VM, I'm not sure.. I don't do much VM stuff.

• Hi there

I have the same problem. After a power failure my server is always checking quota and after that he runs some tests about the harddrives(Reboots many times). This goes on and on. After 8 hours the screen ist just black and I can't see any movement of OMV.
    Do you have any idea what I could do or what's the Problem ?
    Is my SSD broken? Do I have to reinstall OMV?

Specs:
    3x6TB WD RED
    1x 64GB SSD (with OMV)
    1x AsRock Z97 Extreme4
    1x ca. 500W be quiet!

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, it's just something that happens on occasion. You can disable the quota check if you like, but for most people, it will only take about 30min.
    OMV hangs on boot

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!