Ghost remote code execution vulnerability in glibc

• http://arstechnica.com/securit…fects-most-linux-systems/

For those who are not aware, update and reboot your systems.

In my own experience, my Wheezy OMV system is patched, but my Squeeze OMV system is not, even after a full update. I suppose we will have to wait for Debian to release a security patch. In the meantime I've disabled all port forwarding into my network.

While this isn't a specific OMV issue, it does affect OMV users, so any tips from the experts would be greatly appreciated.

• OpenMediaVault 1.0 is the only currently supported version, which works on top of Debian Wheezy. If people are still on 0.5 or earlier they should upgrade to 1.0.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I saw somewhere that they updated a list of packages NOT at risk and nginx was on that so hopefully nothing to worry about.

This is a system wide library, its used by dozends of daemons. Reboot your systems after upgrading to be on the safe side.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• The Debian security advisory annonced for the stable distribution (wheezy), these problems have been fixed in
    version 2.13-38+deb7u7. I updated this morning and thats what is running on my OMV 1.11 !!

Very nice for it to be fixed and pushed out so quickly :)

• They didn't even add a changelog in the hurry...

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!