others on network unable to find OMV

• Hello OMV forums!

so, i went looking around of a home server solution and set up OMV on my VMWare to test it out and see if its the right thing for me before i go splashing the money for an actual box with real storage space.

I am using VMWare Workstation to create a virtual machine and I am attempting to host OMV from it.
    So, setup is all good, no issues for me of any note. set up static IP with 192.168.10.200 and I can log in with my desktop outside of the VM and I have mapped it as a network drive and everything is going fine!

but no one else in my house can see it... I dont know if this is an issue with VMWare or network or OMV or all three but maybe you guys have seen this issue before?

i.e.
    I go to "My Computer" and "Network" and I can see OPENMEDIAVAULT.
    My brother goes to the same location but cannot see OPENMEDIAVAULT.

• You have to setup the NIC correctly in your VM settings, otherwise the network is only available from your desktop client. Ensure this is setup correct.

that was absolutely correct! i have a few more things to setup and test but this looks extremely promising as the way to go!
    an additional question: what matters most to increase data transfer speeds? a good NIC card? fast hdd's? cpu? what is the common bottleneck?

EDIT: hasnt completely fixed the problem... i not cannot get into the webgui, I get the blue screen with "OpenMediaVault" logo in the bottom right but it just appears to load forever

• Did you try clearing your cache, cookies, etc...???

yes, the web app appears but the error message is:

Zitat

It works!This is the default web page for this server.
    The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

edit: I fixed this, apache2 was installed... so this issue has been fixed but I now get back to the blue screen with the openmediavault logo on the bottom left, nothing else.

• What ddi you do with Apache??? You need to uninstall it or remove the run levels.

ah, thats an easy answer... I was googling for results and it appears that the old omv used it.
    I attempted those commands but I got the following results:

apt-get --purge remove apache2

Zitat

Package 'apache2' is not installed, so not removed
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded

service apache2 stop

Zitat

stopping web server: apache2

update-rc.d -f apache2 remove

Zitat

update-rc.d: using dependency based boot sequencing

it hasnt fixed the issue unfortunately

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!