Settings to access FTP service from internet

• Hi all! I can access in local network to the server, I can see folders and I have read and write permissions by the user, but to access the external IP, I mean the internet, do not let me list the folders. There are some additional settings that I'm forgetting? Thank You

Local Network

Code
    Estado:    Conectando a 10.0.0.100:2121...
    Estado:    Conexión establecida, esperando el mensaje de bienvenida...
    Estado:    Servidor no seguro, no soporta FTP sobre TLS.
    Estado:    Conectado
    Estado:    Recuperando el listado del directorio...
    Estado:    Directory listing of "/" successful

External Network (internet)

• Yes I tried, when its disable it is the same message:

Lenovo Thinkcentre Tower M92p + HDD 120GB OS + 8 TB RAID5 (3x4TB HDD WD&Seagate)
    Debian Wheezy 7.8 64 bits + OMV 1.12 kralizec + 3.16 backport kernel

Radxa Rock + NAND 8 GB OS + 1 TB HD Western Digital
    Debian Wheezy 7 ARM 32 bits + OMV 1.12 kralizec

• Thank you @subzero79 that works! @Holzlenkrad I use port 2121 because in my network I have another FTP server, for SSH connections I use the 22. @WastlJ I never use it, but now but that I know it I will use. Thanks

Lenovo Thinkcentre Tower M92p + HDD 120GB OS + 8 TB RAID5 (3x4TB HDD WD&Seagate)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I use port 2121 because in my network I have another FTP server

Ftp is pretty tricky behind NAT. In my setup, i don't fwd the passive range. What i do is open WAN port 7000 fwd to OMV IP port 21

If you have another FTP server running at port 21 in the LAN it shouldn't make any problem. Or is the other ftp server running in the OMV server?

• The FTP server its in another machine, but it is in production and we use it all day, for that reason I can use now the port 21, but the intention is to change this server by the OMV, so if I change OMV to port 21, can I unabled the pasive ports?

• If you are in control of the firewall, then fwd any high port to 21 in OMV.

Then other ftp server can have a NAT WAN_21:LAN_IP_21 fwd since is another server.

Is not like if one server uses port 21 in LAN is restricted to everybody.

I will try! Thanks for your help :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!