Apache bothering NGINX (was: It works! ...if I change the port)

• Use dpkg -l | grep apache to see which packages are installed. If you could post that list, I could tell you which to uninstall.

Done...

Code
    dpkg -l | grep apache
    ii  apache2                            2.2.22-13+deb7u4              amd64        Apache HTTP Server metapackage
    ii  apache2-mpm-worker                 2.2.22-13+deb7u4              amd64        Apache HTTP Server - high speed threaded model
    ii  apache2-suexec                     2.2.22-13+deb7u4              amd64        Standard suexec program for Apache 2 mod_suexec
    ii  apache2-utils                      2.2.22-13+deb7u4              amd64        utility programs for webservers
    ii  apache2.2-bin                      2.2.22-13+deb7u4              amd64        Apache HTTP Server common binary files
    ii  apache2.2-common                   2.2.22-13+deb7u4              amd64        Apache HTTP Server common files
    rc  libapache2-mod-fcgid               1:2.3.6-1.2+deb7u1            amd64        an alternative module compat with mod_fastcgi
  • I guess I could add a button to omv-extras to manually remove it eliminating the need for ssh/linux skills.

Ups, forgot to answer that... :saint:
    I would suggest to get that done by Volker within OMV-Firstaid.

Reason:
    When apache2 grabs Port80, the normal user can't access the GUI. So he has to go to omv-firstaid, change the port to 4711 (or whatever), install ovm-extras, hit that new button, change Port once again and deinstall omv-extras (if wanted). That's a pretty long way.

What do you think?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dennis, that works for me :)Done

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I just read this line. If it was an upgrade from 0.5, apache would still be installed.

And thats not quite true: Vokker renoved the apache2 package back then when he switched to nginx. So even 0.5 users should no longer have it installe. But I guess thats one of the wuirks we had in the movement to 1.0...

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I stand corrected, I was wrong and Aaron was right.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I´ve added a comment to the bugtracker. I´m for removing it with the next update. And include this into the upgrade script. So you do not even have to touch CLI and omv-firstaid.

I put a note on bugtracker as well. What if you are using apache on the system? Also, if you remove apache2.2-bin on some systems, it will remove the desktop (I have it on my dev system for compiling purposes).

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you don't have a desktop environment installed, then apt-get purge apache2* will work fine.

• If you don't have a desktop environment installed, then apt-get purge apache2* will work fine.

That worked, Aaron! THX to all helpers!

About discussion in our Bugtracker: Yes, omv-firstaid is running on command-line. But that's the only way. See above. Maybe we should discuss activating SSH at installation by default (or optioned in). Where do you want to start supporting, when the OMV is running headless only with GUI. Example: My Microservers can be connected to a monitor via VGA. But those monitors become extincted like dinos! ;)

(I'm old! I do have an old 17"-TFT with VGA. :thumbup: )

• Then I must be considered old too... :P

Greetings
    David

• I always activate SSH installtion when I forst install Debian. that way SSH is always active. But that I suppose is only valid for manual installations.

OpenMediaVault will stop the SSH service right after installation. Established connections remain active.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!