• I would like to see it as plugin as well, its fully free for home and small business, they also made Tonido Pro and Tonido Biz free.
    They even have a QNAP release or a ubuntu release so it should not be so difficult to use.

The software is to run on a server Cris and then you can access it from everywhere all for free.

• They even have a QNAP release or a ubuntu release so it should not be so difficult to use.

Interesting. x64 gets a tar.gz for manual install while x86 has a nice *.deb file.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Just checked. It relies on libc6-2.14 where as Wheezy only has 2.13.

So thats a nogo for now.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Which won't be happening anytime soon.

Maybe running it via Docker could work, we'll have to see.

Greetings
    David

• But this "docker" thing is already implemented on OMV?

Not gui wise.

Greetings
    David

• I just installed docker - not the plugin, because I didn't manage to install it! - and with it I installed a container with the 64-bit Version of tonido (using ubuntu 14:04) on my omv.

It looks quite nice. I don't think one needs a plugin for it. The only thing is, that I'm absolute a newbie to docker, so that my image is still quite quick&dirty. Perhaps I'll push my image, when it is more elaborated (together with a minial howto).

P.d.: The 32-bit version of tonido did use up to 177% of my N40L G7 - conitnuously and was a bit slow. The 64-bit version is still indexing but seems to work fine.

edit: Well, videos aren't recognized very well, nor are they labelled at all. I do have a lot of .ts-Videos - they are not recognized. Some .m2ts-Videos are recognized but they do not get some helpful tag/label i.e. from the directory's name they are found (e.g. "My first Video") they are called just "0000001.m2ts" for each video (directory, which contains these -.m2ts-files). So, this tool is not very useful in my opinion.

I am using emby now, which does a much better job. The only bug is, it does not show the photos - only the albums with the thumbnails of the photos...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!