Crashplan for OMV

• Hi all,

is there a favorit guide conerning the installation of Crashplan? I think that is my next step as I can't import the ZFS pool from FreeNas 9.3.

I'm not an absolut newbie but I'm also a kind of coward when it comes to the installation via terminal.

Hopefully you guys are helping me out when I'm struggle.

regards
    openalf

• Never tried it, but ZFS works with OMV. You have to install the plugin first (activate the repository in OMV-Extras.org first) - But I don't know how stable it is yet.

Edit: Sorry, I've misunterstood your question and saw your other Thread after my post here:
    Import ZFS Pool from FreeNas to OMV

OpenMediaVault 1.12 on Debian Wheezy 7.8 64bit | 3.16 Backport Kernel | OMV-Extras.org 1.10
    ASRock Q1900-ITX | 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance SODIMM DDR3 | 1xWD Red 3TB | 1xApacer 1,8" SATA1 SSD 32GB as system drive | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W | SilverStone Milo ML04 Black

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Nyctophilia ()

• Already got some recommandations concerning the import of ZFS pools, as I have 9.3 that wouldn't work.

Just found an interesting blog from Andrew Ferguson http://andrewferguson.net/2012…etting-up-openmediavault/

Zitat

Prerequisites:
    1 apt-get update
    2 apt-get install xorg
    3 echo "X11UseLocalHost no" >> /etc/ssh/sshd_config
    4 /etc/init.d/ssh restart
    5 apt-get install openjdk-6-jre

If I follow that instructions then I will see the screen from any other device as virtual? Don't laugh about me...

• Why should I or anyone else laugh about you? I'm a Linux-noob myself...

OpenMediaVault 1.12 on Debian Wheezy 7.8 64bit | 3.16 Backport Kernel | OMV-Extras.org 1.10
    ASRock Q1900-ITX | 1x4GB Corsair Vengeance SODIMM DDR3 | 1xWD Red 3TB | 1xApacer 1,8" SATA1 SSD 32GB as system drive | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W | SilverStone Milo ML04 Black

• Uh, openjdk is now version 7, so you should replace the 6 with a 7. I think in my Guide you do not need xorg installed. Let me get you a link.

**CrashPlan: Using it to backup client machines**

http://forums.openmediavault.o…client-machines/?pageNo=1
    Create a folder, I make a scratch folder, and do not delete it. There is a removal script when you untar the package and it makes for easy uninstall. Get latest package from CrashPlan.

• I would use the latest packages, yes. If you know how to use a virtual machine you might want to test there first. I always test in virtual machines before I put on my real machine. Everyone should learn how to use the VirtualBox plugin.

• You should learn how to install the OMV ISO. There is a new 1.9 version amd64. Once you get it up an running correctly you should make a clone. A clone is a copy in case you mess up the one you are doing testing on. Just ask questions. Many here can help you with Virtualbox.

• I managed in the meantime to get OMV installed on my virtualbox. I also got a IP address and tried to ssh admin@IP-address, when it comes to password I struggle. Port 22 is open. What kind of password should I use?

• Your root password was setup on install. Your web gui password I think would be:
    user: admin
    password: openmediavault

Also, you should make sure the virtual nic is bridged in the virtualbox settings.

• Well I was already inside the settings and changed the password as well. I guess that should be used for ssh login as well? The bridge mode is set as I can see the IP address in my router. But I get always access denied when I try ssh.

• Now I managed to install the crashplan software on my virtual OMV:

I guess that looks fine, but how do I get the crashplan screen now?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!