Elite:Dangerous - Commanders here? :-)

• Hey Guys!

I'm pretty old and normally not a gamer anymore. The last game I've bought was FlightSimulator 2000. :whistling: And I like playing sometimes C64-Games. Well, some thirty years ago I loved "Elite" (on my C64) and played it much more hours than my parents allowed me too. :evil: My status was "Deadly" (not "Elite" ;( )... So: Be warned! :thumbup:

Ten days ago I blindly purchased "Elite: Dangerous" when it was released. :thumbup: My GPU (Radeon HD5450) is slow, I can't play well on my LCD. My gamepad is not the best option to choose. But it's FUN! :love: And this is the first time that I'm thinking about a PC-Upgrade (maybe GTX750TI), which I never did before (exept of storage and RAM). Silly - isn't it?

Any more 'Commanders' here in this forum? C'mon - don't hide! ;)

• Wait for the gtx 960 coming next month.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• And that card is to be expected to have a TDP below 150Watts.... so what is you system not capable of?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• I'm pretty old .....

What is old from your point of view?

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• I wouldve rather chosen one from EVGA due to their enormous warranty. The price is still comparable.

Greetings
    David

• Offizieller Beitrag

I used to fold with gpus and it was 24/7 full load and overclocked. EVGA is without a doubt the best :)

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• More than 15000 days. 8o

Oh... that make me feel stone-aged.
    When a C64 came into my life in the mid 80's it wasn't my parents who didn't want me to hang around behind the screen all night long... it was my wife.
    She is still here (And the C64 too). ;)

Homebox: Bitfenix Prodigy Case, ASUS E45M1-I DELUXE ITX, 8GB RAM, 5x 4TB HGST Raid-5 Data, 1x 320GB 2,5" WD Bootdrive via eSATA from the backside
    Companybox 1: Standard Midi-Tower, Intel S3420 MoBo, Xeon 3450 CPU, 16GB RAM, 5x 2TB Seagate Data, 1x 80GB Samsung Bootdrive - testing for iSCSI to ESXi-Hosts
    Companybox 2: 19" Rackservercase 4HE, Intel S975XBX2 MoBo, C2D@2200MHz, 8GB RAM, HP P212 Raidcontroller, 4x 1TB WD Raid-0 Data, 80GB Samsung Bootdrive, Intel 1000Pro DualPort (Bonded in a VLAN) - Temp-NFS-storage for ESXi-Hosts

• I'm not a hardcore-gamer and overclocker. I need silence at work, not power. ;)

Now I'm thinking about HOTAS. Any sugesstions?

Its not about the power, its about the warranty, which is 3 years by deafault and can be expended to 10 years!

Greetings
    David

• GPU is great! No noise! Elite Dangeous runs typically around 40 to 60 FPS with HIGH settings.

And I felt in love with Elite Dangerous. Never felt so happy playing a game within the last two decades... :love::D

• I have also played a little of Elite. And now that I have a Cobra, it is relatively easy to gain some money by trading. But the first hours, while flying a Sidewinder, were quite slow.

ESXi: SM X9SCA-F || Xeon E3-1220LV2 || Kingston ECC 16GB DDR3-1333 || 2x IBM M1015 (IT) || 38TB raw || Chenbro SR11269

• greetings back CMDR ;)

:thumbup:

I have also played a little of Elite. And now that I have a Cobra, it is relatively easy to gain some money by trading. But the first hours, while flying a Sidewinder, were quite slow.

At this time I'm flying an Sidewinder, Adder or Eagle. Depends on my mood. :) I'm still a pretty bad pilot when it goes to fighting. So I would need more practice - but time is my problem... :(

But I like Elite Dangerous. Feels like 1984 with better graphics! :D

By the way: I like to see it growing! :thumbup:

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!