Strange SSH Keys with OMV Extras

• Hi,
    I was installing OpenMediaVault Extras and noticed the deb file adds ssh keys to the known host of root on the box. Is this a common practice with plugins?
    If anyone has experience with these plugins and the package, I'd like to know that I'm not simply downloading what looks to be an easy backdoor into my nas.

• This private key in't used to backdoor into your NAS. It is used for the secure logupload function of omv-extras.

If you need more details, just say and I will do my best to answer them faithfull.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von davidh2k ()

• Thanks for the fast reply. After your response I went through reading about the files created by ssh. The known_hosts file stores identities of all systems "known" by SSH and isn't keys to login to the system. Sorry about the confusion. Thanks again!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!