xmbc addon

• I have a question regarding the xmbc on OMV...
    is it possible to install the xmbc and stream it over my network through data cable or wireless so for example I could watch on my smart tv?
    There are some information online but I don't fully understand... because I am not linux expert. Could you provide me a good information how to install it if there is a way to accomplish this?

Thank you

• XBMC is nothing you install on your server (well, you can, but its meant for a different purpose).

Can't your smart TV access SMB/CIFS shares right away? If not, you may try the minidlna or Plex (and its DLNA feature) Plugin.

If you want to use XBMC you need a real client in front of your TV that allows you to run XBMC.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I'd use also DLNA,Plex or SMB. If you need a client, then a RaspberryPi (little bit slow) or CuBox-i4pro (faster) together with Openelec

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!