SABnzbd folders won't accept folders

• I have another permission problem! I installed SAB and started configuring it but the downloads folders won't stick.
    I can find them in /media/1c93568e-f0f3-40e2-95cb-c14b29db5e9d/media2/Downloads/complete but when I save it just goes back to default every time.

I have changed the permission for the sabnzbd user in the GUI to have access to the media2 shared folder but that did absolutely nothing. It still won't stick.
    I have restarted the server and SAB and everything but no success. How do you solve this?

• hello frellan, i am not able to help you with your problem but i just wanted to say that i am having the same problem with plugins.....most of my plugins are just pointed into the main share folder as i can't seem to get them to dig down deeper into directory structure it always says permission denied. my folders are set to admin: read/write, users: read/write, others: read only so i think that's 775 but i may be wrong.

• try doing

Code
    service sabnzbd stop
    sudo -u sabnzbd nano /home/sabnzbd/.sabnzbd/sabnzbd.ini

change

Code
    download_dir = /media/......
    complete_dir = /media/......

Ctrl-x to save and then
    service sabnzbd start

Check if folders have stuck

[align=center]banner@1x.jpg
    What I am watching/watched on my Popcorn Hour media player
    omv 2.1.1 stoneburner | 64 bit | omvextrasorg 1.29
    MySQL (Percona[size=8]) | Newznab | Sonarr | CP | HP | NZBget | YAMJ | CUPS

• I solved this by applying ACL permissions to the folder in question as well. Seems to me that the Debian permissions just apply to the root folder and not recursively. It's frankly a pain and I find myself going into the GUI to apply permission on new folders constantly. Can't you just tell OMV to just apply Read/Write on all folders and subfolders for all users? Forever?

• I'll fix perms for the SAB folders with my postprocessing script.

You could do the same, or maybe run a cron script that fixes the permissions every X minutes/hours.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• I am having the same issue.

I have a folder structure
    /media/a2658d6f-992b-4de1-9015-c45c829b4dce/MEDIA/DOWNLOAD
    /media/a2658d6f-992b-4de1-9015-c45c829b4dce/MEDIA/PROCESSED
    Everything works when I use /media/a2658d6f-992b-4de1-9015-c45c829b4dce/MEDIA/ but nothing beyond that.
    Unfortunately I am using AUFS so I don't have the ability to manipulate the ACLs.

I tried the method to modify the config file which did take, but the problem was that the file failed to download because of the permissions issue.

• You need to fix the permission on the real hard disk, not the aufs pool.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• HI David,

Is that done via the GUI or command line? Could you give any tips for me to research this?
    Do you mean I do this for every HDD i have, rather than using the AUFS pool, its done on the drive/folder for UUID for sdb1/sdc1....
    Thanks
    Jason

• This can be done via the gui, you need to setup a shared folder for each hard disk, path must be / for each shared folder.

Then you can reset the permissions on each hard disk.

Greetings
    David

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!