Unionfilesystem Plugin

• Offizieller Beitrag

The error is not within the plugin. It just enables aufs. Switch to mergerfs...

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• anyone else have an issue with not being able to set or edit the ACL when using the plugin and having a shared folder on the pool?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any messages in the log that you can view from the web interface? Did you install the backports 3.16 kernel (button to install available in omv-extras)? Installing the backports 3.16 kernel also enables the libfuse update that may help as well. But, I am guessing this is a network driver issue.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• I've run into a curious issue that I'd like o see if i can get resolved without having to do a full install.

I'm currently using the UFS with MDDHFS (i have never even seen mergeFS as an option) I have tried to delete one of my pools as they no longer exist. I always get a failed with the following message

I was thinking about making 2 different UFS's so that i could back one up to the other, Or making a raid 5 with some and using snap raid for the backup. So i attempted to delete my primary pool and recieved the same message. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• Hi,
    I pooled 3 drives together using mergerfs. I can access and write onto the pooled folder via cmd line, but I cannot access the folder via samba (Windows 10 and osx). I am always asked to enter my credentials, but no login is possible. On the the other hand single drive shares are working without any issues via samba.

I tired also mhddfs as union file system and it is surprisingly working via samba access. But I prefer mergerfs, since I have more options.
    I am using the latest OMV 3 beta (3.0.24) with mergerfs 2.13.1

Any thought how to fix this issue? Thank you, guys :)

my smb.conf:
    ===================== Global Settings =======================
    [global]
    workgroup = WORKGROUP
    server string = %h server
    dns proxy = no
    log level = 0
    syslog = 0
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 1000
    syslog only = yes
    panic action = /usr/share/samba/panic-action %d
    encrypt passwords = true
    passdb backend = tdbsam
    obey pam restrictions = yes
    unix password sync = no
    passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
    passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .
    pam password change = yes
    socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
    guest account = nobody
    load printers = no
    disable spoolss = yes
    printing = bsd
    printcap name = /dev/null
    unix extensions = yes
    wide links = no
    create mask = 0777
    directory mask = 0777
    use sendfile = yes
    aio read size = 16384
    aio write size = 16384
    null passwords = no
    local master = yes
    time server = no
    wins support = no
    #======================= Share Definitions =======================
    [serien]
    path = /media/fefa4f81-e09d-451a-b266-9df1966a3d5e/serien/ -------> the pooled shared
    guest ok = no
    read only = no
    browseable = yes
    inherit acls = yes
    inherit permissions = no
    ea support = no
    store dos attributes = no
    printable = no
    create mask = 0755
    force create mode = 0644
    directory mask = 0755
    force directory mode = 0755
    hide dot files = yes
    valid users =
    invalid users =
    read list =
    write list =

• correct. For my data I am using a single partition (data) and share it as a samba folder. My huge tv-show collection is spreaded over 3 partitions and merged together as one share (serien) but I can't access this folder via samba.

• correct. For my data I am using a single partition (data) and share it as a samba folder. My huge tv-show collection is spreaded over 3 partitions and merged together as one share (serien) but I can't access this folder via samba.

It may be that you've got mismatching permissions on the different branches. Try using the mergerfs.fsck tool from here.

• One Plugin (Sonarr) that creates most of the files only did so on one drive because I kinda messed up the configuration (wrong path). After changing the path for the media folder it worked.

• Hi,
    I pooled 3 drives together using mergerfs. I can access and write onto the pooled folder via cmd line, but I cannot access the folder via samba (Windows 10 and osx). I am always asked to enter my credentials, but no login is possible. On the the…

try adding this to the options in your union filesystem window -

Code
    defaults,allow_other

• try adding this to the options in your union filesystem window -

Code
    defaults,allow_other

I was also unable to share a mergefs pool on samba and this line above fixed the problem. Thanks!!
    This was a frustrating problem and I only found this post after a long search. I don't really understand the working of this plugin or samba very well, but I wonder if this could be made a default option to prevent others having this problem.

• @lmaolmao

Thank you for the info. Maybe this could also be the reason why I couldn't have access to my samba shares with OMV3 and OS X El Capitan. Look at the posting here. I don't have this problem with OMV2 but it was with my OMV3 test build.

@kaufhauslicht

I had the same problem with OMV3 that I couldn't access my samba shares with OS X. The samba shares are on my mergerfs-Pool. See the link one line above. Good to know that the problem could be in association samba/mergerfs.

OMV-Server-HW: MoBo Fujitsu D3417-B2 (Intel-LAN), Intel Xeon E3-1245 v6 Kaby Lake (4x3.70GHz), 16GB-Ram ECC UDIMM, 1x512GB SSD Samsung 850 Pro (sda2 - 30GB system, 4GB swap, sda5/rest - for work), 1x 10TB WD Red Pro, 1x 3TB WD Red (both basic setup) - Digibit R1 Sat-IP-Server with SatIP-Axe-Firmware

OMV-Server-SW: Debian Buster with Proxmox kernel (always up-to-date), OMV v5 (always latest), omv-extras-plugin (always latests), AutoShutdown-Plugin, Docker with PlexMediaServer, TVHeadend, any many more

BackupServer: Synology DS1010+ with 4GB Ram, 9TB@SHR (different hdd's), DSM 5.2-5967-2

• Hi,

Thanks for this plugin.
    I would like to report a bug:

While creating a pool (repeated several times), for some unknown reason, a given name (like "POOL") was replaced by "/media/2fe90cb3-a2c4-45d1-83cd-a6ce90421e87" kind. The pool itself is working, but that name makes it confusing when creating shared folders. It would be nice to fix that or to have a workaround.

All software are latest upgrade.

Cheers!

• Offizieller Beitrag

You don't need to post this twice in the forum and on github. Just github is enough if you know it is a bug (which it is).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!