Unionfilesystem Plugin

• Here's one from me (without direct_io)

Zitat

joel@dunder:~$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/media/xfiles/lol bs=10G count=5 conv=fdatasync
    dd: warning: partial read (2147479552 bytes); suggest iflag=fullblock
    0+5 records in
    0+5 records out
    10737397760 bytes (11 GB) copied, 80.7537 s, 133 MB/s

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here's one from me (without direct_io)

What version of mergerfs?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Jessie uses fuse 2.9.3. So, you won't have to do this with OMV 3.x :)

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why do you want fuse/libfuse from sid?

• Good Evening Lads,

hope you don't mind if im hooking in.

Since a few days i encounter a lot of problems with aufs, when renaming Folders by SMB or WINSCP.

As i've seen this is normal although i never realized it ;)

What would be the best procedure to "migrate" from aufs ( old aufs plugin ) to mergerfs ?

My idea was to first create with mergerfs a new pool, then MOVE all files inside the "Aufs branch shares" - otherwise if i delete the shares, the data will be lost - into the new mergerfs pool folder and set new shares.

Would this be the best and easiest way ?

Im a little worried as i want to move in total 24TB and i have no backup plan =O

Software:
    OMV 3.0 / Plex / Snapraid / Tvheadend / ecoDMS / sonar / sabnzbd
    Hardware:
    ASRock C2750D4I / 2x Kingston KVR16E11/8 / Dell PERC H200 Crossflashed / 8x WD Red 3 TB / 60GB TeamGroup Dark L3 SSD / Samsung 750 EVO 256 GB SSD / Sundtek Sky TV Ultimate 6 DVB-S2

• Offizieller Beitrag

Because of the same problems he had, fuse segfaults ...

You don't need to to sid. You could use jessie's fuse (2.9.3). Then when you upgrade to OMV 3.x (when it is stable), there is no change.

Just switch it in the plugin in the current pool and reboot. No need to delete anything or move files. aufs and mergerfs work on top of the filesystem. So, no big deal changing them.

• I have installed aufs through the old AUFS Plugin and not through Unionfilesyste. Guess therefore i cannot just switch the plugin ?!? Or am I wrong ?

Software:
    Hardware:
    ASRock C2750D4I / 2x Kingston KVR16E11/8 / Dell PERC H200 Crossflashed / 8x WD Red 3 TB / 60GB TeamGroup Dark L3 SSD / Samsung 750 EVO 256 GB SSD / Sundtek Sky TV Ultimate 6 DVB-S2

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have installed aufs through the old AUFS Plugin and not through Unionfilesyste. Guess therefore i cannot just switch the plugin ?!? Or am I wrong ?

Nope. I didn't think anyone was still using that. Uninstall it and install the new version.

• You know, never change a running system, so there was no need to uninstall the old AUFS before.

But im still unsure, as with the old aufs you had to create the shares manually and when you just delete Aufs and the shares my data would be gone.

So i guess i have to do it like this : My idea was to first create with mergerfs a new pool, then MOVE all files inside the "Aufs branch shares" - otherwise if i delete the shares, the data will be lost - into the new mergerfs pool folder and set new shares

Correct ?

Software:
    Hardware:

• But im still unsure, as with the old aufs you had to create the shares manually and when you just delete Aufs and the shares my data would be gone.

Deleting the share doesn't mean deleting the data, it's just a reference in the GUI, you don't actually delete the data. At least you will be asked wether or not to delete the data.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• OMG...the last times i've clicked too fast and deleted the share and the data.... -> IDIOT is me

One last question, now that i have uninstalled aufs there are a lot Folders and files left looking like:

Can i delete them ?https://picload.org/image/wlpccoa/.wh.folder.jpg

https://picload.org/image/wlpccoa/.wh.folder.jpg

Software:
    Hardware:

• Hey guys,

had a problem with my server. Yesterday I started a rebuild, changed the OS from SLC-USB-Stick (Mach Xtreme Technology MX-ES 8GB) to SSD (120 GB Samsung EVO 850). Repartioned the SSD after installation, OS is now 20 GB, remaining 80 GB shall be used later for Plex-DB. Before I have to copy my backup I made a small test, I think I made something wrong.

Okay, next step was to recreate the pool. I disconnected the data disks and plugged two old 1 TB disks inside to make a test.

I used follwing configuration:

1 * parity disk 4 TiB
    2 * data disk 1 TiB

Usually I expected a pool around 1,8 TiB, but the GUI showed me something around 5,38 TiB. It looks like a JBOD, doesn´t it?

When I created the pool inside the OMV-GUI I marked the disks as followed:

1 * 4 TiB content and parity
    2 * 2 TiB content and data

Next step was to copy some files to the pool via network, successful. I expected the files on the data disks, but they are on the parity disk.

Tried a sync, answer was "everything fine, nothing to do"

I think, I should remark content on the parity disk. Will do that today evening. What do recommend for the pooling, aufs or mergerfs?

Thanks for your help.

Greetings from Bavaria

Peter

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would use mergerfs.

• Looks allright to me, where is your confusion?

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Usually the parity disk contains only parity data, no files, right? Data is usually stored on the data disks.

That´s my confusion.

In my old config all the data disks were filled, and not the parity disk.

I explained, that my data (around 300 GiB of movies, music etc) is now only stored on the parity disk, the data disks are empty.

Am I completely wrong? ;(?(:rolleyes:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!